Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Northstar Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Been wanting Pollyanna on vinyl since the day I started collecting. Definitely quoted Thomas and Zack on a couple different occasions when Northstar got brought up on AP to try and sway them to press it haha.

Michael Schmidt and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  2. paulmanley

northstar is the only band that matters

teebs41 likes this.
  3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

There's God
    There's me
    There's Saturn
    There's me
    Forget everything in between

y2jayjk, Matt Chylak, teebs41 and 4 others like this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

honestly....itd be like the spitalfield reunion. small (very small) clubs that dont come close to selling out. i dont think they're ever coming back

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

cassino is fucking fantastic.

teebs41 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. Sounds Of Salvation is an all time favorite for me.

And fuck, the things I would do for a Spitalfield reunion. I know there were some shows a few years back but it'd be cool if I didn't have to travel across the country haha

teebs41 and airik625 like this.
  7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Agreed. You said it in a lot fewer words than I did. Nick never seemed like the type to seek fame and recognition. It's pretty apparent with Cassino, but even with Northstar they came off as dudes that were doing it for the right reasons and a DIY attitude.

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Never did like Spitalfield.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What would it take to get Pollyanna on vinyl?

10. Michael Schmidt

Constantly asking Cassino/Nick/Triple Crown to do so? I'm sure you could get a bunch of small DIY record plants to each do a unique limited pressing to satisfy the demand. And that's the other thing. I have no idea what the demand would be like for it. Plenty of folks in this community love the record, but it's been so long now that who knows if people really want that record. It's one of my favorite records that came out in the early 2000's. It's crazy how well it still holds up today.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, it's one of my favorite records that I still go back to a lot. I really liked Cassino's Sounds of Salvation album too, but never really listened to much from them after that. I actually just checked their Twitter account and it looks like The Head and the Heart were trying to talk Cassino into touring with them. Kind of crazy. I don't listen to The Head and the Heart, but aren't they somewhat big? Last album debuted No. 5 on the charts. Would be a huge opportunity for Cassino/Nick.

trevorshmevor and KidLightning like this.
  12. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I think it had a re-press back in like 2012. Or at least that's when I picked it up.

13. Michael Schmidt

I think that was the only pressing done for this album. I don't recall it going to vinyl when it first released. I think they did a bigger pressing for the first record and I was able to get one of those, but totally missed out on Pollyanna.

14. Elder Lightning

Discogs lists only one vinyl release, but says it was released in 2010, and I found my order in my email and I picked it up from Triple Crown along with the re-issue of Kevin Devine's STCSTS back in 2012.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What is the new cassino ep like?

16. Elder Lightning

I think it's amazing. If you like Cassino, generally, and you like this song, you'll love it.

Also, can't wait until they release part 2.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  17. airik625

Yeah it's wonderful. Anxiously awaiting the second part, also.

KidLightning likes this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Asked them on twitter a while ago about the progress of the 2nd EP and they responded saying it might wind up just being a full record.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

ugh so good

KidLightning likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

if the production on the upcoming EP/LP is even close to what it is on this EP then i will be a very very happy person

KidLightning likes this.
  21. airik625

A full length would be even better.

KidLightning likes this.
  22. myawrld

Regular

Does anyone have an idea how many were pressed? I bought one forever ago but want to get one for a buddy for his wedding but can't seem to find a copy anywhere... I check discogs but it rarely comes up

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just went through Pollyanna fell in love all
    over again. Just incredible. How is this not one of the biggest scene records of all time

KidLightning and Collins like this.
  24. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I'm in the same boat as so many others that are just dying to own this on vinyl. I'm finally at the point where I am able to shell out more than 20-30 dollars on albums if I want to... I recently purchased Lost In The Sound of Separation for $45 or something like that on eBay, and the first Senses Fail EP for a little bit more than that through VC. Now, I am looking to spend a ton of cash on Pollyanna, but there's no one trying to get rid of it!

What a great album. I also have to wonder how it never blew up like it should have. It's so weird how many of the best bands from the scene never really got anywhere and fizzled out so quickly.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

there were just so many great bands back then that it was easy for things to get lost in the mix

Kingjohn_654 likes this.