Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Northlane - Alien (Aug. 2nd, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by drummerAVA, Jul 21, 2019.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

Huge fan of Northlane so I'm super stoked for this album coming out in a couple weeks... AND the tour with ERRA (another favorite of mine in modern metal) and Crystal Lake. Going to hit a couple dates, since they don't get to tour the U.S. too often, and pick up a couple copies of the record... if you're a fan in NA, I'd recommend getting out there to see them, since it's been I think 4 years since they last toured the States.

Really anxious to hear how the darker, more electronic direction is going to sound though, throughout the record. The released singles so far...

beachdude, kkhawk24, azzy01 and 2 others like this.
  2. azzy01

Regular

Probably my most anticipated album based on the singles

drummerAVA likes this.
  3. drummerAVA

Trusted

Live footage of Eclipse from one of their Japan shows... Supposedly they’re dropping it as a single this week!

K0ta likes this.
  4. drummerAVA

Trusted

What a banger. Can’t wait for Friday.

5. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

This is like the heavier cousin of amo or Erase Me.

6. Yep, or like if Enter Shikari went even heavier after The Mindsweep. I'm really into it, Sleepless has to be one of their best songs already right?

Northerly likes this.
  7. I'm already stoked for whatever they will release next now that they expanded their sonic palette this much.

Northerly and drummerAVA like this.
  8. azzy01

Regular

Might be a bit premature for me to say, but this is probably my favourite heavy release in a while and definitely a top 5 album of the year for me so far.

mattav152 likes this.
  9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Holy shit they went in on this one. I thought Mesmer was fine for what it was but it just felt like them going through the motions and it didn't have much of an edge to it. This, however, is the kinda stuff that'll get me excited about metalcore again. They had me hooked with Node and now this one is just bonkers and I'm saying that after only getting through track 7 on my commute this morning. I'm also really impressed that this is 100% self produced by the band. It sounds amazing on my car's system.

10. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Yo this rules

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Talking Heads is by far the standout on this bad boy - what a fucking barn burner

mattav152 likes this.
  12. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

This is a huge step up from a band I've always liked, but never was really able to get huge into. Album slays.

13. atlas

Trusted

yeah this kind of metalcore does basically nothing for me anymore but I found this to be very good

14. atlas

Trusted

anyone here ever listen to Celldweller? I used to be big into him and I hear his influence alllll over this album

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That's a throwback but yes

16. drummerAVA

Trusted

Jinn is freaking magnificent, a progressive MONSTER... one of their best songs, IMO.

4D is another favorite, reminds me of Hybrid Theory Linkin Park... Rift is a vibe... Paradigm is like new-age Incubus. Like the album does new things while hitting on a lot of nostalgia at the same time.

Northerly, beachdude, azzy01 and 3 others like this.
  17. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This album makes me really want to go to their tour with Erra.

beachdude and drummerAVA like this.
  18. drummerAVA

Trusted

I’m gonna hit 2 shows lol.

K0ta likes this.
  19. atlas

Trusted

I wanna see them for sure but their show here is the same night as a free Converge show and there's no way I'm missin that lol

20. I need to see them in December, I can't miss them after hearing this record again

drummerAVA likes this.
  21. drummerAVA

Trusted

4D stuck in my head...

22. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This is a great record.

drummerAVA likes this.
  23. LightWithoutHeat

The lows are done so well. I love the industrial feel. It really elevates what could have just been mindless chugging into something very interesting.

24. LightWithoutHeat

Northerly and drummerAVA like this.
  25. drummerAVA

Trusted

Just got back from the show in Detroit tonight... man, they sounded UNREAL! Northlane and ERRA both...

Amazing to have my two favorite Metalcore bands (ever) co-headlining the same tour.:rock: