Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

North East Ohio (Cleveland/Akron) Location • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jacob Tender, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Dodger Dec 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2018)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yeah I used to go to them but dont have it in me anymore. Also heard they havent been as fun recently. I did go to one at the Foundry once and actually won a "dance" contest they had for free tix to Riot Fest lol couldnt end up going but it was a fun night

Jacob Tender likes this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To me Mongolian BBQ IS coventry. When I was in high school/college, I’d drive out to Coventry just for Mongolian. It was a whole thing for my friends and I for a very long time.

Jacob Tender and Dodger like this.
  3. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Yea it was an end of summer tradition for my friends for a long time. Go to Mongolian. Then go to somebodys house and party.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

this a LONG SHOT post but anyone ever drive from Northeast Ohio to Hilton Head? Anyone know of a good stopping point for a night about half-way down there? I'm driving down with two kids and uh, 12 hours in the car one-way ain't gonna cut it. From what I have Googled, doesn't seem to be a lot of great options. I think Akron is the biggest major city between Cleveland and Hilton Head and we aren't stopping 45 minutes into the drive, haha.

5. If it were me, I'd stop in either Marietta or Charleston, depending on how far I could get the day I left.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait, aren't both those cities like a 10-hour drive from Cleveland? Whereas, Hilton Head is 11?

I was thinking like 5-7 hours in.

7. Contender likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gotcha, I was thinking Charleston, SC and Marietta, GA, which didn't make any sense. I was hoping to get at least 5 or 6 hours into it before my kids completely go nuts. So looking to get further than those two.

9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Wytheville, VA is probably your best spot. I always stopped there when visiting family in Myrtle Beach. There's a lot of affordable hotels around.

ncarrab likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Cool. I think I looked up this town previously because it was a city mentioned as close to being half-way. Outside of hotels, is there anything to do there for a night out? Restaurants? Stuff to do with kids?

11. plagueofangel

Very sad dad

Moved from Cleveland to Elyria. Heading to have some lunch and dinner with my dad in the city soon so I'm pumped.