Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

North East Ohio (Cleveland/Akron) Location • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jacob Tender, Apr 5, 2016.

1. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

I miss all the good shows in Cleveland. It sucks working every Friday and Saturday night.

Although Tyler the Creator is on a Sunday and I got a ticket to that.

2. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Also I'm from the east side, willioughby area. It's not really Cleveland but hopefully I'll be moving next summer. Looking at places in either Lakewood or Ohio city

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Gonna bump this because I need date ideas in Cleveland during Winter.

bachna84 likes this.
  4. Brite Winter

bachna84 likes this.
  5. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Chinato on east 4th street, Pier W.

bachna84 likes this.
  6. ncarrab Feb 10, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2018)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anywhere on E. 4th, especially if you want to grab drinks at several different bars, All within walking distance. Much more laid back area than W. 6th or Ohio City (W. 25th)

Also, there’s a comedy club (Hilarities) that has some big names coming in and a bowling alley/arcade (Corner Alley) on E. 4th

Also agree with Pier W, but nothing else really near it.

bachna84 likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone ever been to Gervasi Vineyard in Canton? My wife and I are staying overnight at one of the Villas there next weekend. We have reservations for The Bistro, but other than that, I'm not sure what all there is to do around there.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Contender likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not a big fan of this line-up, but still pretty cool we're getting a festival.

bachna84 likes this.
  10. I wasn't expecting much so that's not too bad for me. New Order, SZA, Avetts and Earl should all be great. And I'm always down to see Seafair and the Modern Electric play. That + the novelty of having it where it is will probably be enough for me to drop the benji on it

11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

New Order, SZA, K.Flay, and Earl are the only ones I'm interested in, but will definitely have to go since the 25th is my birthday.

Also, I'm living in Warren now so I'm closer to CLE now.

12. Contender likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  14. mr_november

Trusted Supporter

Dang that sucks. That spot was the best for pre grog shop show drinks.

15. I'm way late here, but I actually took my lady there for her birthday last year. It was really nice. The grounds are great for a post-dinner walk and there are bocce courts out back.

16. I prefer a stop at Tommy's for milkshakes pre-show.

17. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

B Side lounge is also solid

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife and I stayed overnight back in March. It was nice, but definitely somewhere you'd want to go when it's warm. It was still pretty cold when we went, so most of the outdoor stuff was closed. We ate at the restaurant which was pretty good but then there wasn't much to do afterward so we actually uber'd out of there to go to the new Fat Heads Brewery in Canton (probably the only couple to go to a winery and uber out of there to go to a brewery, haha) and that was great.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Speaking of the Grog Shop, I went 'out' in Coventry for the first time in probably six or seven years on Saturday and it's not much like I remember. We had dinner at Bodega...it was OK at best. I was really excited to go there, ordered the filet and it was doused in sauce, even the potatoes too. A big no-no for me.

B-Side Lounge was rented out so we couldn't go in there. The Whiskey Bar was...super weird. I get that it's a 'whiskey' bar but they literally only had one beer available to order (Heineken) and the place was the size of a hallway. The size didn't bother me at all, but you'd think they'd have a few more beers to offer. Also, they charged my sister $2 for water. And all they did was take out a non-refrigerated glass container of water and pour it into a cup with no ice.

Paninis is still there, but I can go to a Paninis anywhere so purposely avoided it (until after The Grog Shop). Also hit up City East Hookah Bar (which used to be called The Loft) and that was really the only place I enjoyed. A lot of beer choices, both on draft and in bottle. I was talking to the bartender there who had worked there for 10+ years and he said Coventry has really changed and a lot of places are leaving because leases/rent are skyrocketing and the surrounding neighborhoods are getting worse so they're packing up shop.

Bums me out because I spent a lot of time there in my late teens, early 20s. I still go to The Grog Shop maybe once a year, but haven't really explored Coventry in probably six or seven years before this past Saturday.

20. Fat Heads is a must. Their new Tap House in Middleburg Heights is massive.

21. Coventry will always be rad as long as Grog, Record Revolution and Tommy's are still there

22. RIP Big Fun

Dodger likes this.
  23. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Also BDs grill is great which was the last time I’ve been to Coventry. Anybody here go to emo night at b-side?

24. "Mongo's" is good eats. I've never finished a third bowl. Someday...

I've been to the beginning of emo night at The Foundry once. Took place after a Bogues / Hot Mulligan show a few years ago. I love some of the people involved (Tucker, Andrew Wells), but haven't gone a full night. I don't think I have the energy any more for that sort of high-volume nostalgia.