Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

North East Ohio (Cleveland/Akron) Location • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Jacob Tender, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Ben Peters

Mayfield here.

2. Ben Peters

Food in the city is nothing spectacular in my opinion.

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not picky at all. Just nothing too expensive.

American, Mexican, Asian, whatevssss

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm willing to drive outside the city!

5. Tommy's. Get a milkshake. Ask them to add peanut butter. Visit Big Fun two doors over.

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the rec!

btw listened to your podcast this morning with anamericangod, solid stuff!

Jacob Tender likes this.
  7. Thanks! I appreciate it!

ChiliTacos likes this.
  8. Any comedy fans should be living at Mahall's this weekend for Accidental Comedy Fest
    Trentina

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Butcher and the Brewer is literally across the street from where I'm staying, so I'll probably check that out!

10. The little strip that Butcher is on is lined with good restaurants so you're set there. Obviously I recommend venturing out and seeing what there is to see but if you can't do that you'll at least be well fed. The House of Blues is right there too if there happens to be someone you'd like to see playing one of those nights.

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

What else do you recommend? The place you recommended looked dope but maybe a little on the high end side for what I'm looking for. I am willing to venture out.

12. Noodle Cat is a good ramen place near where you'll be, also run by the same chef as the place I recommended (same with Greenhouse Tavern, which someone already rec'd, and is like right across the street from Butcher) and more lowkey than Trentina.

Momocho is a good choice for Mexican. Parallax for seafood/sushi. Mitchell's if you're craving some ice cream.

A few cool neighborhoods that have a bunch of restaurants to choose from including many listed: Tremont, Ohio City, Uptown/University Circle/Little Italy

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I HIGHLY recommend hitting up Butcher and the Brewer and getting a few of their beers - particularly the vanilla stout. That's in the middle of E. 4th street where there are like 20 restaurants/bars within walking distance. Flannery's is one of my favorites, it's an Irish Pub and not expensive at all. I always get the Prospect Burger there.

You could also walk down to W. 6th street which has another strip of bars and restaurants (although it gets a bit clubby at night, not really my scene after 10 or 11 p.m.) or UBER over to W. 25th (Ohio City) that again has another long strip of bars and restaurants. There is something for everyone.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  14. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I know there are better restaurants out there, but if you've never been to Melt I think that's worth a try. I personally prefer Barrio to Momocho when it comes to Mexican, but both places are pretty good. Like people have previously said, East 4th and West 25th are good places to check out too.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  15. bachna84

I just took a quick look at upcoming concerts at HOB, Nautica and Agora and there's really not much next week. Sleigh Bells is at Beachland Ballroom next Wednesday 8/31. Other than that, nothing too notable that I saw.

16. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I'm driving up there in the morning! But not for a show... friend is having a bridal shower. I have gone up there for shows at the Agora, Q Arena, and HOB, though. All pretty legit. Sometimes it's worth taking a three hour drive from Dayton for shows up there :P

17. lish

Melt is awesome! When I go up and meet friends, we always meet there. They have some absolutely obscene food, but it's all really delicious.

18. bachna84

Oh, I agree! I really like Melt. I just meant that it wasn't really fancy if that's the kind of place you're looking for. I used to live about 5 minutes from one of their locations and I ended up going there 2 or 3 times a month. It's probably for the best that I'm a good 20 or so minutes away from one now haha

lish likes this.
  19. bachna84

Yeah, that's not too bad of a drive if there's something worth seeing. My youngest brother just moved down to Dayton a couple months ago for his residency (he's a pharmacist) so I'll probably be asking for Dayton food recommendations one of these days!

lish likes this.
  20. lish

If I had any, I'd help, but I'm actually a little north of Dayton, so I'm a little out of the loop. Hopefully he enjoys his residency, though! It's a decent place to live if you're working a decent job and not slumming it.

bachna84 likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Home of the longest win streak in American League History.

EDIT: I just really wanted to post something in here because no one has posted in the Cleveland thread in more than a year.

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  22. woop woop

Tribe's rolling at unprecedented levels
    Seeing Kyle Kinane tonight at Beachland
    QOTSA tomorrow at the Agora
    Mutemath Sunday at HOB

Cleveland being good to me as of late

elphshelf likes this.
  23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Maybe it's because I'm on the border of PA, I'm having an enteral amount of despair with the Pirates.

24. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

QOTSA sold out in 30 minutes so I couldn't go. Meh.

25. Yeah I made sure to get on one of the presales cus I knew that would happen