Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. Gooddayz

always and forever

Ohh cool! Had no clue that was coming out.. will it include some b-sides?

disambigujason likes this.
  2. DesolateEarth

Birb

There's gonna be a deluxe polar similar release???

coleslawed and disambigujason like this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah. Vinyl is all I know about for sure (a band member posts on a vinyl forum) and have no clue about if it includes any b-sides or not. It’s been in tbt works for a while though.

4. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

[​IMG]

5. DesolateEarth

Birb

Ready for this. Polar Similar was great!

airik625 and inwaves like this.
  6. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Always stoked for new NJ. Just gotta make sure I stay away from Cory’s twitter.

7. Gooddayz

always and forever

I feel like I don't give PS the credit it deserves. The two songs or so I saw them play during the Redeemer show were fantastic. Excited for some new tunes!

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

PS was really high on my EOTY that year but I’ve hardly listened to it since aside from a couple songs (the close and discontent is still one of the best songs I’ve heard in recent years). I think I was just craving that sound so much but in retrospect the execution wasn’t as to my liking as I thought it was. Stoked to give em another shot tho. And to see em live. Crowd sucked last time.

9. PS really shines in that back half. Reaction through the end is banger after banger

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

I already liked PS alot but seeing them live last spring has only made me appreciate those songs more.

Gooddayz likes this.
  11. Gooddayz

always and forever

Seeing Synthetic Sun live was everything

airik625 and disambigujason like this.
  12. I haven't revisited it much as well. I thought some of the songs were plodding, which surprised me as they usually are great at writing sludgy sounding songs. Didn't care for the interludes this time either.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

I still think PS is great

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Really? I think their more sludgy songs are fantastic here. "1,000,000 Watts" rips!

15. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Dark story, 1,000,000 Watts was written about Cory's ex-girlfriend that stabbed him multiple times with a broken light bulb.

airik625 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  16. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

Now this makes me wanna go run through PS again, I remember being blown away with it when it came out.

17. Am I the only one that has never noticed the “VS.” on the cover of The Anti Mother? I feel like I just got hit with the Mandela effect lol. Do people refer to that record as “Norma Jean Versus The Anti Mother”?

coleslawed likes this.
  18. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I think it goes by both names. I think there's even a longer version of the name, like "Norma Jean Vs. The Anti-Mother Something Something Glorious End Of The Evil" or something.

red8ge and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

holy shit what lol

20. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

21. airik625

Hoping it’s on streaming services too.

Larry David likes this.
  22. Gooddayz

always and forever

We should be getting new Norma Jean this year, right?

23. airik625

It’s up.

24. mattylikesfilms Jan 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup- they been demoing since early last year and I remember Cory confirming it in an interview somewhere. I am curious what the line up is since 3 people have left from the Polar line up.

Gooddayz likes this.
  25. What, already? Hope the lead guitarist is still there