Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Worth it? ;)

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Oh hell yeah a Chicago date.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Haven't been able to see them before, booked ticket for Brooklyn. Redeemer has always been one of those in-the-shadows albums of theirs for me, just super fuckin solid. Probably the best of their older albums.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. Gooddayz

always and forever

I missed them twice this year, but I'm so glad they come to Houston a lot. Stoked!

5. Gooddayz

always and forever

Has anyone seen them on the Redeemer tour yet?

The two Polar Similar songs they played were phenomenal live.

6. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

yeah, in Dallas. Synthetic Sun was quite the banger. Looks like John Finnigan (bass) and Goose (drums) resigned from the band, which sucks given how good their work Wrongdoers and Polar Similar were. This 4-year lineup was such a good one, looked like they finally had some stability. On the upside, Ryan Leger (formerly Every Time I Die) was drumming for them, interesting to see what sound this ever-rotating cast brings next. Corey said they're hoping to put out an album next year.

airik625 likes this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh no shit, Legs is drumming for them on the tour? That's awesome, man Norma and ETID really like to exchange members back and forth haha

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Although not gonna lie now that Daniel isn't with ETID anymore it would have been nifty to get him back for this considering it was the last album he did with Norma

Gooddayz and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really wish this tour was coming closer to me.

10. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah it was a bummer when I found out they left, but cool I didn't know the drummer was a previous member from ETID. No wonder why he had a lot of energy to him haha.

Oh dang he didn't mention anything about a new album in Houston, that's exciting!

11. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Anyone gone to the VIP session/acoustic show? Wondering how that’s all been going.

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I listened to a lot of Norma Jean today and it was good

13. atlas

Trusted

I wish we could get O'God re-recorded. Songs like Coffinspire and Bayonetwork still go in so hard but the production is really flat and Cory's vocals are rough

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Agreed.

15. atlas

Trusted

This is one of the more underrated rippers they've ever made

16. Gooddayz

always and forever

THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE

17. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I never know who is in this band at any given moment but I love them so much.

18. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

Lol this should be their Spotify bio

19. atlas

Trusted

did a whole discography run today and had so much fun. Eternally jealous of the people who get to discover this band for the first time

20. atlas

Trusted

SlappinCups and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

That page originally said there was a /500 metallic gold pressing, but that omitted that information.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Gooddayz and airik625 like this.
  23. dead_fm

Regular

We need a Bless the Martyr repress......

airik625 likes this.
  24. Gooddayz

always and forever

I could use some new NJ.. A spring date might be too early. Maybe next summer

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Next summer seems more likely. Plus we still have the deluxe edition of Polar Similar coming later this year which I’m sure they will spend some time marketing.

trevorshmevor likes this.