Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I went back and watched them not too long ago actually. And yeah, Surrender Your Sons is a fantastic song!

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Can you post a link to those videos please?

3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Here's the Chino video

coleslawed and airik625 like this.
  4. airik625

Sun Dies, Blood Moon is a fucking killer of a track. I guess I've never listened to that all the way through before...?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. Gooddayz

always and forever

I remember when I first heard that song I didn't think it would actually be 14 minutes long. Somehow they pulled it off

6. airik625

Yeah it kind of reminds me of that track on Bless the Martyr that was like 11 minutes or something.

fronkensteen likes this.
  7. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I don't see their first 4 records on Spotify anymore. Which sucks for me!

8. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I literally can't get enough of 1000000 Watts. Very excited for this record.

airik625 likes this.
  9. airik625

Same. I'm trying to temper the amount of times I'm listening to it. Hate already being tired of one or more songs before the record even comes out.

GettingSodas likes this.
  10. airik625

"we've seen the shadow of the axe before"

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Been listening to these guys a lot these last few days. Forgot how excellent they are. Meridional probably sits as my favorite, but Redeemer is probably a close second. All their album are great. Can't wait for Polar Similar

inwaves, Garrett L. and trevorshmevor like this.
  12. airik625

Both singles released so far are killer. Maybe the best I've heard them sound.

trevorshmevor and aspeedomodel like this.
  13. aspeedomodel

Holding off on the singles, I try to wait for full releases usually. Glad to hear they sound great!

14. airik625

I tried to hold off, but I was weak hah. 6 weeks is a long time.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  15. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I don't know if I like these new songs as much as anything on Wrongdoers, but they aren't bad I guess. I was really excited to see what direction they would go after how much I loved Wrongdoers (seriously, one of my favorite albums ever), but this has toned down my excitement a little.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Synthetic Sun rips. Been awhile since I've gotten hyped for a Norma Jean record.

17. airik625

Have you also listened to a million watts?

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Yeah. It's fantastic.

19. airik625

Yep. I really need to stop listening to them before I burn them out before the record even comes out. Been listening to The Anti-Mother and Redeemer a lot this week in anticipation. Time to start listening to Wrongdoers for a bit.

20. aspeedomodel

I really enjoy their lyrics. I feel like every album they have gotten better and better.

21. airik625

I concur with that. Even the lyrics for the new songs are pretty great. Dark. I posted it earlier, but absolutely love the line, "we've seen the shadow of the axe before" on 1,000,000 Watts.

aspeedomodel and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. airik625

going back and listening to Wrongdoers, and it's really clicking with me this time. I've always liked it, but these songs are standing out to me this morning.

A few favorites: Wrongdoers, Neck In The Hemp, and Triffids. Also, how massive of a song is Sun Dies, Blood Moon.

The bonus track, Family Bike Wreck, is a fun little ditty, too.

trevorshmevor and inwaves like this.
  23. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Redeemer is still my favorite

GettingSodas likes this.
  24. airik625

Really like Redeemer. The Anti-Mother has always had a strong case for being my favorite.

25. Ugh just found Wrongdoers used at my local record shop... but I just bought a bunch of new furniture and am having a hard time justifying the purchase