Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I agree with this, but why is everyone suddenly blaming South Park for everything? I've been seeing this a lot lately.

2. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I'm not surprised given he's said a lot of stupid shit in the past and will act as the contrarian just for the sake of it.

3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Even still, for goodness sake, why take to twitter and spout that shit? You could very easily not say anything and carry on and do whatever it is that you want to whilst keeping those thoughts to yourself. Not to say that is okay but like dude have a little bit of awareness.

4. South Park has always had a tendency to solve the problems it approaches with “the answer lies somewhere in the middle”. Obviously the show didn’t create centrism, but unfortunately most people that don’t really care about major issues of the world/think everyone’s overreacting all the time (until it directly affects them, anyway) feel continuously validated by the show’s centrist ideology because it leaves the door cracked just enough for them to continue not giving a fuck about anything without feeling bad or inconvenienced. Throw in their enormous platform/number of viewers/longevity, and it becomes pretty easy to trace a lot of shitty people back to that show.

That said, I don’t personally think the mentality South Park represents (or represented, maybe — haven’t watched it in nearly a decade), is inherently bad. I think for a lot of people it genuinely comes from a good place. But it’s incredibly unrealistic and people like Cory are the poster children for why it doesn’t work, and is actually a dangerously slippery slope.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Sure, I get that. I think it's a valid criticism of the show. I'm just wondering why this is a recent talking point. Was there an article about it somewhere?

6. Ohh sorry misunderstood your q. Not that I’m specifically aware of! But it’s definitely not a super new thing, people (even on this site) have been referencing the show in this way for years, I remember seeing lot of it around the 2016 election

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  7. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I honestly think he doesn't give a shit and likes getting a rise out of people because he's bored/online all the time. It doesn't help that people in this part of the country aren't taking this pandemic seriously & think it's not a big deal if it's not affecting them personally.

8. That's the thing. People like him don't have any self awareness. If you try to call them out, they'll think you're attacking their freedom of speech or some kind of nonsensical bullshit like that. Or also the kind who makes a personality out of "winning" arguments online by being the loudest and for speaking what's on their mind. Macho shit right out of high school mentality.

9. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Unrelated to Cory being a complete fucking doofus, they repressed Meridional on vinyl FYI

coleslawed and airik625 like this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I already own the first pressing, but I went ahead and bought another copy.

nice that both b-sides are included also.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

disambigujason likes this.
  12. trevorshmevor Apr 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2020)
    Yeah I mean, call it mental gymnastics, but it’s a record a lot of people have been seeking for a very long time now and there’s like a 0% it doesn’t sell out shortly anyway haha. May as well go to the people that want it most/are on the ball.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

It’s almost sold out, so yeah. This album had a small pressing for the first press so it makes sense.

14. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Damn those variants all look really cool, bummed I missed out. For $35 tho I feel way better lol

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Self-Employed Chemist feat. Emery & Cory Brandon

16. That was... unexpected

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  17. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Went back and listened to that Luti-Kriss album that came out before Bless the Martyr, and it's so good. I feel like this would be huge in the metal scene if it came out today.

18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Good luck! I'm still stuck on the shipping screen.

Edit: site crashed.

19. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

im still stuck too...

20. airik625

I finally was able to get my order to process after about 20 minutes. Holy hell.

21. Jdfleming89

RIP ETID Supporter

I ended up missing the nicer of the two pressings... pretty pissed about the site issues. I hope it doesnt happen to the other exclusives.

22. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Was able to snag the Mycelium version. Normally I wouldn't pay so much for a record, but this one's a classic.

23. atlas

Trusted

I went for the boring looking one figuring that everyone was gonna try and swoop up the splatter and got it pretty easily after about 15 minutes. Weeeeee

bachna84 likes this.
  24. airik625

I actually like the 1 gold 1 black better than the swirl.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I snagged my copy at Furnace Fest - looks hype though!