Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I went ahead and placed an order on MerchNow and emailed about canceling the first order. Worst case scenario; I don't hear back and can cancel my MerchNow order since they are pretty good with canceling preorders and this doesn't ship till October anyways.

2. atlas

Trusted

did you get a download of a song?

drewinseries likes this.
  3. drewinseries

Drew

yeah did you

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nope. Just got a download for a new song from Empty (pretty good band on SolidState).

5. atlas

Trusted

well, he technically did get a download of a song...

coleslawed and mattylikesfilms like this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Already had it added on Apple Music, since it is a solid track, but yeah lol

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh well, more money to the dudes in NJ. They deserve it. Gotta support the artists you love!

9. atlas

Trusted

In honor of the new record I've spent all day putting together the mathematically perfect 15 song NJ setlist/playlist

I. The Planet
    Bastardizer
    The Potter Has No Hands
    Coffinspire
    The End of All Things Will Be Televised
    Sword in Mouth, Fire Eyes
    If You Got It At Five, You Got It At Fifty
    Vipers Snakes and Actors
    I Used To Hate Cell Phones
    And There Will Be A Swarm Of Hornets
    Funeral Singer
    Disconnecktie

Encore:
    Innocent Bystanders United
    Small Spark vs. Great Forest
    Memphis

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this is pretty good. I'd sneak Reaction and Anthem of the Angry Brides in but you've got a lot of my favourites otherwise

mattylikesfilms and drewinseries like this.
  11. atlas

Trusted

Yeah only one from PS feels wrong and Vipers/Cell Phones could be exchanged probably. Aside from that I really like the way it flows

Rowan5215 likes this.
  12. Rowan5215

tends to be an unpopular opinion but all these years later and I still absolutely love Robots 3 Humans 0. that is one motherfucking good chorus

13. The Anti Mother is such a good album. I was way more fond of this one than Meridional, though it seemed like most hated the former and saw the latter as a return to form.

disambigujason and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anti-Mother is a top 3 NJ record for me.

15. Rowan5215

oh man I'm glad Anti Mother doesn't get randomly overhated here like it does everywhere else. album slays, and Surrender, Discipline and Hornets are all up there with my favourite NJ songs.

16. airik625

plus the Chino Moreno feature is so great. I have to admit, I'm not normally a fan of the tracks they have guest vocalists featured on. There was a track on Polar Similar (Forever Hurtling Towards Andromeda, I think) that has a guest screamer, and it just doesn't sound good and was not needed.

Wish they would add some more of their b-sides on Apple Music. "Family Bike Wreck" and "Kill More Presidents" would be nice - although I think the title alone of the latter track is a big reason it's not on there now.

mattylikesfilms and Rowan5215 like this.
  17. Rowan5215

The guitarist dude from The Chariot scorches earth on If You've Got It at Five tho... plus Weiss on Memphis Will be Laid to Waste ofc. I can take them or leave them otherwise, Cory has good enough pipes to sound like three different people on one song anyway!

coleslawed likes this.
  18. DesolateEarth

Birb

Even though I prefer the three albums that come after it, The Anti Mother is still solid and by no means bad.

coleslawed and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anti-mother has the most consistent balance of melody and heavy I want from the band so it’s my favorite, even if some of the other records have songs I like more.

airik625 and Rowan5215 like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Here for Disconnecktie to close out the main set. That would be huge.

21. airik625

I wasn’t really considering Bless The Martyr, because you’re right, Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste fucking rules. Along with that entire album.

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Ik I just defended the record but every time I listen to Opposite of Left Wrong I hear those guest vocals and think “who let this leave the studio?” God they’re bad, sounds like the grandpa on hey Arnold.

23. atlas

Trusted

Is that the one with the guy from Helmet

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I believe so!

25. Rowan5215

yeah this song ain't good but the rest of the album slaps

disambigujason likes this.