Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

Without a doubt though ETID and Norma Jean are both the best metalcore bands right now and I am so excited for what they have in store for us this year.

2. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I think I’m in minority, but I wasn’t big on the last two albums.
    Here’s how I’d rank:

O’God
    Anti mother
    Meridional
    Redeemer
    Wrongdoers
    Polar Similar
    Bless The Martyr

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Polar and o god are my faves. Can give or take the rest.

awakeohsleeper and nl5011 like this.
  4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

O’ God is my favorite metal record of all time. It was one of the first heavy records I ever heard in like 6th grade. It was so mind boggling. It took me years to figure what was going on. So badass watching the bayonettwork video, with that pink guitar.

I know a lot of people shit on it, but I think it’s still their best output musically. Daniel Davidson is such a beast.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Three people in a row who like O’God! Where have you been for all of these years?!? I’ve always maintained it’s my favourite Norma Jean release. Redeemer is pretty good too.

nl5011 likes this.
  6. mescalineeyes

I’m a huge Matt Bayles fanboy so ... lol

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

I think every one of their releases has merit and I'll gladly listen to them all

coleslawed likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Looks like Legs is either not in the band anymore or at least not recording drums on LP 8.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I have a feeling this record is going to truly be something special. Can’t wait!

airik625 likes this.
  11. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm so excited.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Finally figured out who’s drumming on the new record - it’s Matthew Marquez who was a touring drummer from 2010-2013. I guess Legs was never permanent.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

O'God and Redeemer were high school mosh royalty for me. Can't fuck with this band after the singer's dumbass MAGA comments though.

SlappinCups likes this.
  14. Did he actually make a MAGA comment? I remember him making a pretty misguided “everyone is welcome at our shows” post but that’s it

Edit: nvm just looked it up, yeah I misremembered that. Definitely brought up MAGA hats

15. atlas

Trusted

Cory is 100% a jackass and I don’t blame a single person who chooses not to fuck with them anymore

16. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Yeah, Cory’s attitude in general has turned me off from his music. He does that whole “everyone is too offended” thing, which is easy to say when you’re a straight white dude.

17. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Also just looking at the shit he follows on Instagram, he’s definitely a Trump supporter. Can’t do it.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s a pretty big bummer if he’s a Trump supporter since I think anyone who still supports that piece of shit is on some level - a piece of shit themself.

However, it comes down to separating the art from the artist and that’s for each individual to personally assess. I love Cory’s music too much and I can personally look past it so I’ll continue to be stoked off NJ.

19. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Pretty sure Norma Jean as a whole has leaned fairly conservative for their entire existence, which bothered me but didn't really push me away from liking their music. From what I've seen Cory post over the years he just seems ignorant. "Everyone is so offended nowadays" and "Everyone is welcome at our shows, even MAGA hat wearers" is far from the worst shit one can say. As long as he's not a humongous trash bag I'm still fine with his music.

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Agreed. Seems to me he was just trying to be inclusive. He also included Hillary supporters in the statement. A slightly bad look perhaps, and definitely ignorant, but nothing for me to stop listening to Norma Jean over.

mattylikesfilms and airik625 like this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Was lurking on insta this morning for studio clips to the new record and I’m even more hyped now.

Petit nain des Îles and Bane like this.
  22. Wow, is he a new guitarist? I don't remember seeing him before. Sounds like they're going in a riffier direction, which reassures me as Polar Similar relied a bit too much on their sludgy side for me.

23. mescalineeyes

Yo that stuff sounds dope and I will DEFINITELY steal that screwdriver move haha

Gooddayz and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup - new guitarist. I love Polar Similar but I’m always down for riffage when it comes to Norma Jean!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  25. DesolateEarth

Birb

Riffs or sludge Norma does no wrong. Stoked.