Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, May 29, 2016.

1. allastud

Regular

Their bassist and drummer have left, the rest of the lineup is still the same. At least according to Wikipedia.

2. DesolateEarth

Birb

Children Of The Dead rips. Loving it.

airik625 likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So Phillip and Jeff both stayed but the rhythm section is out. I know Legs (ex-ETID/currently in Hundred Suns) was filling on tour for drums but I wonder if he is legit in the band or what.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, Phillip is still in the band. I thought he left but I just checked his IG and he's still there lol

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

6. Gooddayz

always and forever

Alright sweet! Glad it's been confirmed Jeff still in the band

7. Gooddayz

always and forever

Sick b-side! Good chorus and love how heavy it gets at the end.

airik625 and DesolateEarth like this.
  8. DesolateEarth

Birb

That ending is so crushing. Love it.

airik625 and Gooddayz like this.
  9. airik625

Ending pays off big time.

11. airik625

I’m pretty sure The Anti-Mother is still my favorite NJ record. It just slaps all the way through. And the closer, “And There Will Be A Swarm Of Hornets” might be the hardest song they’ve recorded (and one of my favorites).

12. The Anti Mother's sludgiest songs are some of their best ones

airik625 likes this.
  13. xthricex

Regular

I can find no justifyable reason this was left off the record. Song slays

DesolateEarth and Gooddayz like this.
  14. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah boii

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

16. Cool, very down with that. Unpopular opinion but Low Teens was ETID’s best sounding record in nearly a decade. Also liked his work on Errorzone a lot too

SlappinCups and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. Bane

The spiciest meme

Low Teens is regarded as one of ETID's best by most fans (and it's still my #1 from them), don't think it's too unpopular!

Cool stuff

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. Oh yeah definitely, I meant more in terms of production haha. The impression I’ve got from a lot of people, the band included, is that Kurt Ballou captured their sound the best with From Parts Unknown. I usually love Ballou’s stuff but FPU can be almost sorta grating to me at times

19. Jbent

Trusted

Wrongdoers > Polar Similar

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Meridional, Wrongdoers, and Polar Similar are a hell of a run. Love all three.

21. atlas

Trusted

Correct

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love the sound Kurt captured but I equally enjoyed what Putney did as well so this news sounds good to me!

Correct except Death Is a Living Partner, Synthetic Sun, and Reaction is some of my favorite Norma songs of the past decade and the fact that they play back to back is SO NICE.

23. Jbent

Trusted

Agreed I just think Wrongdoers is a stronger album start to finish. I like Polar Similar but think it was a side step instead of a forward one.

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

Wrongdoers is definitely my favorite Norma Jean album but Polar Similar is fantastic

25. airik625

It’s between either Wrongdoers or The Anti-Mother as my favorite.