Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean - Redeemer Tour 2018 Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Dec 26, 2017.

1. red8ge

Regular

i've heard some shit that in the past few years they think they're doing better than they actually are and turn down a lot of support offers

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

None of us really know what they get offered and why they choose to make the choices they make. Maybe they make more profits doing smaller headlining tours than they would doing larger tours opening for newer bands? Maybe it comes down to merch sales.

I think that when a band such Norma Jean has been doing this for over a decade and a half they probably know what works and what doesn't and can make the choices that are best for them.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I just wish Zao can get on some tours. They're basically not on the road because of life, but that would be sweet. I saw them headline NYC a few years ago in front of 20 people. Very depressing. Ha.

bachna84 likes this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

I mean, they're 7 albums deep and Cory is about to turn 42. Realistically there's not a whole lot of growth a band can have at that stage of their career. If they're happy with 200 people going ballistic on their headliners then that's what they're gonna continue to do. They haven't compromised their sound for anything or really tried to get big ever so I don't know why they'd start now

Bane likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

Fuck. Did not realize I missed this

6. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Went to Cleveland yesterday and it was super sick.

I'll spoiler out the VIP stuff in case anyone's going:

I got to the Foundry around 4:10 and at around 4:20 we were lead down to the basement which looked sort of like a living room. They played 4 acoustic songs and we talked about some interesting things related to the band.

Setlist was:
    I. The Planet
    Falling From The Sky: Day Seven
    Self-Employed Chemist
    Sun Dies, Blood Moon

Some fun tidbits:

The "sinking man" logo that Norma Jean uses was actually a collage that Daniel Davison had at his house back before O'God The Aftermath came out. The band saw it, liked it, and decided to use it.

There's an alternate version of "Surrender Your Sons" from the Anti-Mother session that has Chino singing the entire song. It's unreleased, but Cory is trying to get it out sometime.

There were two songs written with Underoath during the Redeemer sessions. One ended up being scrapped, but the majority of the song ended up on Lost In The Sound of Separation.

They're working on doing some recorded acoustic stuff.

The regular show was super sick. Gideon crowd was nuts and they sounded pretty good live despite The Foundry's less than stellar system. Crowd for Norma Jean was pretty wicked but tapered off as the show went on. Really glad it sold out and that people came out for it. I ended up with the drumstick from Legs.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

That Underoath fact is fascinating! Any idea which song?

8. TMS2787

Trusted

Sounds like it was a great time! Was the setlist the same as it’s been half of Reedemer two songs from the last album then the rest of the album?

9. subplotofcrows

No idea. Apparently the riffs sounding like stuff off Redeemer so Im gonna go and try to listen and see if I can figure it out.

10. subplotofcrows

Same set. Was hoping that they switched up something but it was still cool.

11. TMS2787

Trusted

Right on. Seemed like a good time though

They just announced a show at Ace Of Cups in Columbus at the end of May. If it’s the Reedemer tour still I’ll have to make the trip.

12. subplotofcrows

They're also playing Redeemer at Bledfest. '68 is also there so there's a lock for Josh to guest on Memphis.

13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I think they said it would be "mostly Redeemer" for Bled with a couple extras thrown in.

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

My car got hit en route to the show tonight, won't be able to make it out. I'm not as mad about the totalled car as I am about missing this show :(

15. TMS2787

Trusted

I saw Josh guest with them on that song when they did BTMKTC in its entirety at Peabody’s when The Chariot toured with them. It was cool.

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

So roughly how long is the show? I like trying to find out for traveling purposes after, I'm going on Sunday in Brooklyn. I'm assuming until like 11 or so?

17. atlas

Trusted

Chicago had a local opener (so 5 bands total), show started at 7, ended at like 11:10

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you’re ok.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

thanks! no one was hurt, blessed as far as accidents go. just an inconvenient situation. I really hope I didn't just miss my last chance to see them is all, they are an older band :(

20. TMS2787

Trusted

Damn, man. That really sucks. I’m glad you’re okay.

21. subplotofcrows

Does anyone know if they have the Redeemer vinyl on tour with them? I'll order it online but since I'll see them at Bledfest in two weeks I figured I'd try to just pick it up there.

22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

When I saw them in March they only had O God The Aftermath. Where did you find your copy of redeemer? I’ve only found some on resale sites for wayyyy too much

23. subplotofcrows

Redeemer Metallic Silver : TANR : MerchNOW - Your Favorite Band Merch, Music and More

Just went up yesterday, and originally said there was also a "metallic gold" variant available, but it was quickly edited out. Not sure if that color will be a band exclusive, or just holding it back for a second pressing, or just a really bad typo altogether.

I have the box set so I already have BTM/O God/Redeemer but I'm probably going to sell it. Glad they put this up, just wondering if waiting to see them in 2 weeks would save me shipping.

24. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I googled it shortly after the post. Im giving you full credit for letting me know lmao thank you!

Bryan Diem likes this.