Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean - Polar Similar Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jun 14, 2016.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Not downloaded the leak. Waiting for release day. Glad to hear it's a good listen.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

*Bane voice* "You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable."

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  3. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Only two tracks in... wow this is great

4. Jakob Allen

Trusted

An Ocean of War :heart:3

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The Nexus is so massive and in your face, it sounds like their are two drummers/drum kits throughout. I don't know, the music just seems to surround you on that song.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Jakob Allen

Trusted

What a fantastic album. Will definitely be in my top 3 for AOTY

7. atlas

Trusted

This is just too damn good. Been spinning it every time I get in the car and finding something new to enjoy in it every time

airik625 likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Caved in and downloaded the leak. Holy fucking hell is this impressive. These guys get better with every release, I swear.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. The Mysterious

Might have edged Thrice out of my top 3 so far this year, the depth and tones in every song with a pair of headphones on is remarkable.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Real talk. It's so heavy but more melodic than ever as well. It's seriously a great record that tops Wrongdoers for sure. I would list this up there with Anti-Mother.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this is interesting to me, as I have Anti-Mother towards the bottom of their discog. for some reason it just never interested me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I always hated that record till like two years ago. It just randomly clicked with me and now it's one of my favorite albums of theirs. Funny when that happens hah.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I need to give it another shot. all the guests on it alone should make me enjoy it.

also, Cory is taking over podcasts this week. Break it Down, 100 Words or Less, and Lead Singer Syndrome. not complaining, he seems like the best dude ever to chat with.

14. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Love this record. Gonna go pick it up on CD like I do with every NJ CD on release day. I have two copies of every album so I'll probably end up with two of Polar Similar haha.

Reaction is probably my favorite tune so far.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I already listened to the Break it Down and Lead Singer one but I didn't know about the 100 words one. Thanks!!

16. chuwaay

This new album...whoooa

It should be a crime to be this filthy.

17. airik625

Will undoubtedly end the year somewhere in my top 10.

18. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

This one don't doesn't do as much for me as Wrongdoers. It's not bad, and I'd rank it pretty high in their discography but it's not their best, in my opinion.

19. airik625

How many times have you listened to it? Kind of hard to decide if it's your favorite this early on right?

20. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Woah....

on first listen...

21. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Does anyone know if they had issues with the vinyl? Can't seem to find it anywhere locally today which is a bummer.

22. The Mysterious

Lost power for 5 hours last night, spun this twice in a row. Goose's drumming has become so disgustingly good, these timing sequences he brought to the table for PS are at the peak of his songwriting maturity.

23. option.paralysis

Daaamn this album rips. Definitely going to try and find the vinyl in stores today.

24. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

3 times and that's fair. Wrongdoers was immediately my favorite though.

25. The Mysterious