Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean - Polar Similar Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jun 14, 2016.

1. DoseofTerror

Regular

I used to be super into this type of music back in the early 2000's, shit today just isn't the same.

Curl Up and Die
    American Nightmare (more hardcore)
    Hopesfall
    Avenged Sevenfold (sounding the seventh trumpet album)
    Beauty to Ashes
    It Dies Today

fronkensteen likes this.
  2. fronkensteen

Trusted

And the mewithoutYou/Norma Jean split is great. Still have it on vinyl signed by both bands.

3. DoseofTerror

Regular

It's awesome that Josh still comes out sometimes at random moments for Memphis.

fronkensteen likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

love the twangy guitar at the end of "Reaction". I've listened to this all the way through probably 3-4 times now, and I somehow feel like I haven't even scratched the surface. A lot to digest.

Ready for my vinyl preorder to come in.

5. airik625

"A Thousand Years A Minute" is my favorite I think so far.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

The more I listen to this the more I dig it, and I already thought it was great.

Also the 4 songs that are I, II, III, and IV makes me think it's a similar situation to that Meridional situation that was just discussed earlier in here. Which would be awesome.

7. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

You guys are making me want to cave and download this thing THAT much more. Trying to hold out for the pre-order tho. Hopefully a stream will go up next week.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Oh boy, gotta check this out ASAP.

9. airik625

Dude don't let your first listen be a stream. If it goes up, just download it and listen in HQ. You've already preordered it so who cares.

10. The Mysterious

Lol I don't have the courage currently, got a brand new computer with no Avast! downloaded yet and a dirty .zip file would be an extreme shame.

11. airik625

Hold on.

12. Gonna complete the trifecta of Meridional recommendations to anyone who may need one more push. Album is unbelievable.

This is also really great, didn't see the album thread for it last night so I posted in the band thread, gonna reiterate here that I think this is quite easily the best production the band has ever had. Really pushes these already awesome songs to the next level. Truly so excited to have this album and round out my summer with it.

airik625 and Zac Djamoos like this.
  13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Debating if I go for the leak or not. Almost forget how far away it's actually releasing and the fact I'd have to wait is making me want to cave. Was planning on my first listen being on vinyl...so torn.

14. airik625

"IV. The Nexus" is such a massive song. Love the trend of continuing the formation of incredible closers with such vast dynamics.

Also, the layout and art direction of this album looks so great. Cannot wait to own this thing.

Vinyl Layout.PNG

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Those two inner sleeves would look so good framed next to each other

coleslawed likes this.
  16. The Mysterious

Norma Jean seriously just perfected a 3-album masterpiece cycle. Meridional, Wrongdoers, now Polar Similar; current hype aside, I honestly can't think of another band who I've enjoyed 3 consecutive releases more from.

17. airik625

So true.

18. airik625

I hope you burn
    I'll be the king of the ashes

19. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I want to listen to this album so badly but have no way of downloading it. The anticipation may kill me.

The Mysterious likes this.
  20. The Mysterious

SO DOOOOON'T RAISE YOUR GLAAAAAASSS.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Everyone is making me very excited to hear this!

The Mysterious and coleslawed like this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Never had a full album by theses guys completely capture me, but fuck these singles are great

23. atlas

Trusted

REEEEEAAAAAAACTIIIIIOOOOOONNNNNNNN *house crumbles to dust*

24. The Mysterious

This one's probably my favorite so far. Such a catchy chorus.

25. The Mysterious

I can't wait for this to be released so everyone can start geeking out over it.

2 more weeks.