Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Announce New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 14, 2016.

1. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

You're in for such a treat.

kwilcox likes this.
  2. kwilcox

Norma Jean knows how to pick a single. Excited as always for a new album!

3. DesolateEarth

Birb

Song rules, as expected. Love the outro.

4. SmugPug

I was not aware NPR had a music section.. cool!

kevincomplains likes this.
  5. kevincomplains

I'm so jealous. I'd love to be able to experience them for the first time again

kwilcox likes this.
  6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

'Bless the Martyr...' was the first heavy record I actually loved. I had a college roommate who listened to it incessantly and it just sort of became part of my life by accident and then I actively sought out heavier music as a result. I always preferred the Chariot after Scogin left, but NJ is undeniably great at what they do.

7. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Am I the only one who gets some serious poison the well vibes at times during this song?

I thoroughly enjoyed this and can't wait for the album. Never gave wrongdoers a chance, maybe now I will.

8. kwilcox

Wrongdoers is easily my favorite from their catalogue. You're in for a treat.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  9. Gooddayz

always and forever

Off topic, but I just wanna say Pure In The Plastic is one of my favorite albums from this year so far. Glad to see it as someone's avatar :-)

10. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Putting it on right now, pretty excited.

11. SweetThye

@sweetthye

Same

12. Jakob Allen

Trusted

@kwilcox "Sword in Mouth, Fire Eyes" is an absolute jam. I'm really enjoying this record more than I thought I would.

js977 likes this.
  13. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

The Potter Has No Hands can fell more trees in that final breakdown than a lumberjack can in a week.

kwilcox and coleslawed like this.
  14. Jakob Allen

Trusted

That song was great as well. I had never listened to Wrongdoers until today

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Funny thing is, Meridional grew waaaaaay off me. Some super tight songs for sure, and by no means bad, but it became kinda boring for me. those interludes are very annoying too, and that Thrice-rip-off is cringey. I think wrongdoers captured the intensity better. But my favorite NJ albums are Redeemer and AntiMother, so what do I know?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I haven't revisited the record in a while but I love Redeemer and Anti-Mother as well my dude. I never got the love for Bless The Martyr lol.

17. kwilcox

I loved what they did on One Big Particular Loop, but I've been absolutely blown away by Pure in the Plastic. It's been so great to see them finally getting recognized lately. Always great to meet another Polyenso fan :)

18. kwilcox

Great song. "Hive Minds" and "Funeral Singer" are probably my favorites. For some reason, I really love the closer despite how long it is.

19. this album is even heavier than wrongdoers holy shit

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

heavy He Is Legend vibes through the middle of this.

21. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Speaking of which, I'm so ready for them to announce their new album.

22. atlas

Trusted

C'mon man. You're really gonna leave this here more than 2 months out from the release date so I can stew in my own misery and waiting

kwilcox likes this.