Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Norma Jean will release their new album, Polar Similar, on September 9th via on Solid State Records. Pre-orders are now up and you can stream the first single, “1,000,000 Watts,” at NPR.

2. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Song rips. Cory's vocals sound great.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Song has me excited, album art is sweet, vinyl variants look terrific. Still so far away though.

4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

good lord these guys remain so heavy every release
    always excited

5. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

very good

6. Gooddayz

always and forever

Love how the song ends. With 13 tracks I wonder if they'll have any interludes

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

These guys have been on fire these last two records. I'm willing to bet the streak continues here.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

always ready for new Norma Jean.
    now if they would just come back to Minnesota.

9. YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is great.

11. danskoldberg

.. damn.. why do they still get me pumped? haha. I THOUGHT I GREW OUT OF THIS MUSIC... nahhh, I was only kidding myself.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  12. drewinseries

Drew

Honestly haven't listened or followed much of this genre since high school, but that was rad.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I don't listen to this genre much anymore but NJ is just so consistent and solid. I can't deny myself these brutal jams :-)

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Always been in the minority on Wrongdoers, did not really care for that one much. This song is cool though, always willing to give some new NJ a shot.

15. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Really dig the new song. They, along with ETID, always surprise me with how they can continue to write heavy, riff-driven tunes that still sound fresh.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  16. goation

Regular

Wrongdoers has become one of my favorite albums. I have listened to it a ton. I can't wait for this.

17. RunInTheFront

I'm interested, but uninteresting. Prestigious

This is very good.

18. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I keep expecting them to not be so fucking good and I'm always wrong. This is toughhhhhhhh. I need to go back to Wrongdoers.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. kevincomplains

16 year old me never thought i'd listen to NPR, 30 year old me never thought i'd listen to Norma Jean on NPR

20. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

1,000,000 Watts is absolutely fantastic

21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

NJ is like the only hardcore band I can still listen to. Like this new tune.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You should! That record is pretty damn good. I would say Meridonal is slightly better as a fully realized record but songs like "Funeral Singer", "Triffids", and "Hive Minds" are just so damn good that it's a close call for me.

coleslawed and Gooddayz like this.
  23. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Totally not let down by that single, it sounds heavy and great, I guess I'll need to get more excited for the album in the end.

24. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

Single sounds good, I'm so hyped for this album! I don't know if they can top Wrongdoers, but I'll sure as hell be listening regardless.

25. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Norma Jean has surprisingly been the band in heavy music I've never really checked despite loving bands like ETID and The Chariot. This song rips. I'll be checking out the rest of the discography ASAP.

AshlandATeam, coleslawed and kwilcox like this.