Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Norma Jean - All Hail (October 26, 2019) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jul 17, 2019.

1. tvck

Trusted

One thing I'll say is the production is fucking amazing on these tracks.

2. I appreciate the diversity so far, this one has a bit more of a Meridional vibe. The clean guitars are very The Haunted (The Dead Eye era) and I'll take more of this please.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

drewinseries likes this.
  4. Did this leak?

5. Not yet, I wish the release wasn't this far as we already got 3 singles though

6. With Errors easily my favorite of the 3, jfc this song is insane

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  7. tvck

Trusted

Nah just the single. Assuming it’ll be on streaming tomorrow.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

HELL YES WITH ERRORS

I love an aggressive yet melodic NJ tune. Definitely reminds me of Meridional which is never a bad thing.

9. drewinseries

Drew

This is the type of track i've been waiting to hear.

disambigujason likes this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

What is the spread of tracks like /with_errors on the LP?

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

With errors is my least favorite of the 3, though I still really like it. I’m pleasantly surprised to see it’s an actual track and not just an interlude.

drewinseries likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Love this new one. This is really shaping up nice.

13. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Not a big fan of the new one, actually. The other two are great though.

14. So ready for y’all to hear Safety Last

15. Kind of amazing how consistent this band is able to stay with the constant member changes. They’re still so uniquely Norma Jean while maintaining a very natural evolution. If I were none the wiser I’d have no reason to believe there’d ever been a single member change

coleslawed and SmashRipsaw like this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, there isn’t a single original member at this point haha

17. I know there's like 1% chance of that happening, but imagine if they pulled off a Haste The Day and had every former and current member contribute to an upcoming album.

solxace likes this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Even a guest vocalist spot for Josh Scogin would be fun.

Actually, I’m surprised that’s never happened particularly as they did tour with The Chariot a number of times back when they were around.

19. openheart

In a sentence or two, what does it sound like? :)

I am, too, surprised Josh has never appear as a guest on a song, especially with touring with NJ while in TC and the bands being close friends (both had many member changes).

As for the singles, “With Errors” is by far my fav. The first one didn’t do much for me - I’m not a huge fan of NJ’s straight-up heavy tracks anymore. I’m glad the last two singles showed the range they’re now known for.

I still listen to ‘O’ God’ once a year. Nostalgically, most of the album still rips, but the band’s sound has expanded so much ever since ‘The Anti-Mother’. Chino’s guest spot on that album really brought out Cory’s musicianship. Every album since has been great.

“Falling From the Sky” is one of my all-time tracks.

Excited for ‘All Hail’. And 14 songs?! Amazing.

airik625 likes this.
  20. DesolateEarth

Birb

/with_errors is the best of the three.

21. just wait till y'all hear Full Circle In Under A Minute, Trace Levels of Dystopia, Translational (essentially the entire middle of this record is heavy as fuck) and the nearly 12 minute one-two sprawl of Careen and Anna

22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

UNGH DONT WANNA WAIT

23. estebanwaseaten likes this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

Gotta say, not a huge fan of errors. Maybe I need to listen more. It just sounds so much like a Tool song lol. Which isn’t inherently bad but definitely something I noticed

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

upload_2019-9-27_20-5-54.jpeg

Attached Files:

awakeohsleeper and airik625 like this.