Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Nope (Jordan Peele, July 22, 2022) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 22, 2021.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I don’t think having angel obsess over the perfect shot works. He’s not a film maker. Having Antler be obsessed with the perfect shot to the point of sacrificing himself makes way more sense especially given every time they showed him watching those animal videos. It might not feel 100% earned him sacrificing himself but it works better than angel doing so.

2. Lucas27

Trusted

I gotta say, I'm liking this movie more and more, but I've been a little surprised and sad to see Us getting a lot of retroactive negativity online. I don't get it. I just watched it again recently and I think it's incredible. Not as pitch-perfect as Get Out, but I think it's his most haunting so far, has my favorite sequence of his to date, and centers around one of the best performances I've ever seen.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

In my head, it could have been reworked to be in line with Angel's obsession with aliens. He very desperately wants to capture proof of aliens on camera, so much so that he's gone to the length of tapping the cameras without OJ or Em's permission and just kind of inserts himself into their situation. So instead of it being his obsession with "the perfect shot" it's his obsession with capturing definitive proof of alien life. It feels a little cleaner than bringing Antler into the plot.

But, once again, I loved the performance so I wouldn't actually want that to be reworked.

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

5. This was awesome obvi

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Just got done with it. That chimp scene was a terrifying rollercoaster.

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed this a lot. The raining blood scene is one of the creepiest scenes I’ve seen in a very long time. Keke Palmer was absolutely fantastic and the cast overall killed it. Peele’s 3/3 and I very much look forward to whatever he does in the future.

10. Keke and Lupita were both amazing in his films, I'm definitely looking forward to more stellar performances in future Peele projects from black actresses (and black actors, but mostly the actresses)

Contender likes this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Just watched Akeela and the Bee, Keke has been carrying movies since she started

12. “Closing time. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.”

upload_2022-7-31_7-9-32.gif

MysteryKnight likes this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

oh wow that was her wasn’t it

14. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Movie is a 9/10 with Keke’s Jesus Lizard shirt being a 15/10

15. MysteryKnight Jul 31, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2022)
    MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Just saw this. Coming out of the theater my impression was I liked it, but didn’t love it. I feel like some things I was a little confused about, need to read up more on some significance and hidden things.

The chimp scene while suspenseful, just seemed out of place to me. Idk why but was kinda slow to understand that Jupe was using the horses to feed the creature in front of an audience but now that I understand that the movie makes more sense. But Idk I felt kinda hollow not knowing anything about the creature origins. It’s just there but we know zero info about it other than it ate things that looked at it I guess

I didn’t see Us but I’m thinking Get Out was better than this.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

It seems like a lot of people saw get out, didn’t see Us, and then saw this. Seems weird to me.

17. Yeah, for as mixed people have been on Us lately it's def worth seeing if you like any of Peele's films.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Best western I’ve seen in a minute

Night Channels likes this.
  19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’ve seen Us and Nope but not Get Out

Helloelloallo likes this.
  20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Us might actually be my favorite :shrug:

Lucas27, Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  21. imthegrimace

22. Loved this, I think my favorite of his three

Joe4th, GrantCloud and imthesheriff like this.
  23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Finally saw this. It’s extremely fun, but I don’t quite think it works.

I want the movie where the prank isn’t a prank and was actually aliens, tbh.

I Am Mick and MysteryKnight like this.
  24. I've seen a few sentiments like that and while that movie would be fun, considering what we get, I completely disagree haha

25. I was confused by your post at first, you mean the kids dressed as aliens right? Cause I think that movie is just Signs