Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noname - Sundial (August 11, 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Apr 9, 2023.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

upload_2023-4-9_11-35-34.png

SpyKi likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

So damn here for it

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

fuck yeah

4. Gonna be great

5. omg

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Nice. Hope the album still drops in july

8. New track “balloons” out 7/21. Unfortunately features Jay Electronica

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

What’s wrong with him?

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

he's a blatant antisemite just like kanye

really disappointing

11. Leftandleaving

Jesus. Weird she’d wanna work with him then

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She has been responding to the criticism

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Now she is threatening to not put out the album (or saying it isn’t coming out)

15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Lol she loves doing this shit, very reminiscent of people who have to announce they’re leaving Facebook. Still hope it comes out though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. It’s honestly been no doubt in my mind that she would cancel or threaten to cancel the record if people raised enough hell about this

Aaron Mook and SpyKi like this.
  17. Leftandleaving

This is a cool angle she’s taking, lots of respect for this

18. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This is so unbelievably disappointing. The comment about having bigger fish to fry is disgusting. The comment about trying to alienate white fans is particularly insulting and confusing. Does she think white people only care about antisemitism? Does she know literally anything about the Holocaust? Jfc

19. Yeah, awful baby stuff going on here

20. The white fans thing sucks because it’s just a part of something she’s been digging her heels into for years. She really hates that she appeals to white people as an artist. And like, I totally back feeling weird about performing expressly black art in front of white crowds that seem to have no problem screaming the N word right back at the stage. That fucking sucks and I wouldn’t do it either. But yeah, to act like her decision to collaborate with an open antisemite is somehow an own on white people is flatly ass backwards

Honestly if she feels that strongly that I don’t want to hear the album then maybe I actually don’t. Would be really cool to enjoy hearing Telefone for the rest of my life without this lingering in my head

Aaron Mook and Rowan5215 like this.
  21. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

pretty wild seeing her use the term "woke mob" unironically, as a pejorative. whole thing is embarrassing as fuck

Aaron Mook and Carrow like this.
  22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Her Twitter account has now been deleted.

Leftandleaving and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I didn’t see the tweets before she deleted her account but it sounds like she tweeted some bullshit. Don’t really have an interest in listening to her album anymore tbh

25. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Yeah I understood her being real conflicted with the amount of white fans she has/had. It just really confuses me that she seems to think white people are never antisemitic? Why is that where she chooses to give the bigotry the benefit of the doubt? It’s just a weird revisionist history thing. As if Hitler didn’t want everyone to have blonde hair and blue eyes. Weird shit

OotyPa and trevorshmevor like this.