Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX Stream ‘First Ditch Effort’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Eml182

Regular

Definitely sounds much better than most of their past work - renewed sense of urgency here. Can't say I have followed anything closely from them outside of songs here and there on past efforts.

3. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

4 songs in and fuck does it sound good so far.

JRGComedy and Dan O'Neill like this.
  4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I can't wait to hear this. Love the singles. Really anxious to hear Mike's song to Tony.

Dan O'Neill and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I loved Self-Entitled, but this is on another level. Lots of really personal lyrics (many seem to directly pick up on stories from their recent book), lots of really creative song writing, and you can tell they put a lot of thought into this whole album.

I also appreciate that the 2 songs they released on Record Store Day were fully rerecorded for the album. "Generation Z" is pretty much a completely different song now.

Now I'm gonna try to hold off on listening again. YouTube quality isn't doing this justice.

6. untilitkills83

super stoked to hear this when i get home, that book they put it was insane. oxymoronic and six years on dope were definitely some excellent jams.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. LightsOut

Regular

Its coming out this friday?

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  8. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

So in love with it the more I listen to it. It's kinda darker, but has that same NOFX snark that I love. Not sure if I love it more than Self-Entitled yet, but based on how much I want to replay it straight away, I think it will be the better of the two for me.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

LightsOut likes this.
  10. theredline

Trusted Supporter

This record is great! Got my download last night!

Dan O'Neill likes this.