Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX - Single Album (February 26, 2021) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jan 12, 2021.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

As expected, I didn’t care for this. A few good ones, but meh. It’s disappointing.

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think having heard so many of the songs before hand had an impact on my listening to this. With the long delay between albums and pushed back release date this feels more like a collection of one offs of bsides. I am sure some stick other just have less of an impact.

With that said, according to Mike they’ve begun working a new album that’s a follow up to Single Record. I am kind of looking forward to that record because it sounds like Mike is clean (for what he’s writing now) and maybe it’ll be a refreshing head space lyrically.

3. Steven Shea

Another downer for me. I couldn’t find anything that stood out.

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like they are rehearsing/working in a studio on the follow up to Single Album.

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wow I absolutely loved this album. I was gonna write it off as just another boring new nofx album but this was beautiful! Greive Soto was the obvious standout. Linoleum was kinda hilarious. Fuck euphemism was great.

Really good listen. Great album

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been listening to War, Wolves, and Coaster recently.

I need to give this another chance. The last two albums haven’t really done much for me. I’m not really into sad and depressed Fat Mike.

7. domotime2

Yeah I felt the same way and have been kinda disregarding newer stuff cause of what you said.

Honestly I just really liked Grieve Soto, fuck euphemism and linoleum.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Mike sounds like he had a real tough childhood and is going through times again personally with the last few releases.

mom hoping this next new record they are working on with Mike now so we for the time being has a new fresh life and take on things. Hopefully it can steer towards some new topics and bring more fun back in on a few songs. Single Album was fine, but nothing I had to go back to on a regular basis.

9. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

New video for The Big Drag.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Cool video.

Been listening to this album the last couple days. I suppose it’s not bad. It grew on me. It’s probably their darkest album. Take the best songs off this and Ditch Effort and you got a solid album.

Fish in a Gun Barrel, Fuck Euphemism, Birmingham, Grieve Soto, Last Resort are songs I’ll come back to most. I love you more than I hate me has sick music, but I can’t get into the lyrics.

Fat Mike just seems to have lost a lot of his desperation in his singing. He seems to get there with Last Resort, so he’s still got it.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That Cokie album was soooo dark. I think it hurt the album having so many songs released in advance after pushing back the album. Just made it more forgettable. I'm hoping a sober Mike adds a refreshing take on things.

12. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I have a feeling this is just Fat Mike being Fat Mike and trolling. Why break up after 40 years? Just take a year or five off. Play a few shows a year if you want. Dont need new matieral. Just go from full time band to part time. They earned that.

SuddenUrgeJoey likes this.
  14. domotime2

Yeah at this point a "break up" is irrelevant unless you truly hate each other and refuse to see them ever again.

They're an older legacy band. Definitely have no need for a full album anymore.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21 Sep 29, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2022)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Per this interview, Fat Mike sounds like they'll be done for good and he gets emotional about it. He talks about wanting to move on and get into comedy and do stuff like Tedx. He also has 3 more albums finished.