Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX - Single Album (February 26, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jan 12, 2021.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Fat Wreck Chords

Preorder

Tracklisting:
    1. The Big Drag
    2. I Love You More Than I Hate Me
    3. Fuck Euphemism
    4. Fish In A Gun Barrel
    5. Birmingham
    6. Linewleum
    7. My Bro Cancervive Cancer
    8. Grieve Soto
    9. Doors and Fours
    10. Your Last Resort

2. amorningofsleep

.K. likes this.
  3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Well Linewleum’s self-aware haha

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Only 10 songs on the track list but the right up says 12 songs...weird.

NOFX is still insanely original in their own weird way. That video was funny. Love how they threw in Frank Turner and Tony Sly, but equally highlighted all the others, and and felt humbled by them covering Linoleum (which wasn’t even a single).

I feel like the released too many songs from this before hand, but if it was supposed to be a double album and the outbreak ruined that process I get just finally releasing it.

5. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Loved the Tony Sly mention.

Favorite Linoleum cover is this one:

Dan O'Neill and amorningofsleep like this.
  6. amorningofsleep

.K. and ZooZooChaCha like this.
  7. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Ok that was awesome

amorningofsleep likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’s cool they did second video. I think Tony Sly made it in both.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Also, as a huge Thrice fan, I was happy to discover their Linoleum cover.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. Have you all forgotten what a massive piece of shit Fat Mike is? Don't support these trash people.

Anthony_ and Carrow like this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Generally speaking, Fat Mike doesn’t really care too much about what we think.

I think Mike is one of the most creative people in music by far, and has done a lot for the music industry and punk music. Do we have to agree with everything he says and does. No. His opinions are his and he owns them, right or wrong. And there is a lot of wrong. But he’s actually quite skilled and entertaining. He’s not forced upon people (music is not on the radio and is not in a position of power over you). He can be ignored if you don’t like him and there are way more people out there that I have issue with than him. But yes, he can be an idiot at times. And so can a lot of other people.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Relistened to the five songs already released from this album and I’m still kinda....meh...about it.

Fish in a Gun Barrel is cool.

13. What the fuck?? He made fun of a mass shooting. Also, this response makes no sense. You're saying "I don't always agree with him but he's talented and other people are worse anyway". Awful, awful take. Shame on you.

Anthony_, Carrow and Joe4th like this.
  14. razorburn Jan 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2021)
    razorburn

Trusted

Mike made a tasteless and insensitive joke, which he later apologised for. NOFX suffered the consequences and were dropped from multiple tours as a result, and rightfully so.

Does this make Mike and the rest of the band trash people? Personally, I don't believe so.

The apology, if you haven't read it:

“There’s no place here to backpedal. What NOFX said in Vegas was shameful. We crossed the line of civility. We can’t write songs about how people in this world need to be more decent, when we were clearly being indecent. Las Vegas has always been a welcoming city to our band, and to make light of the tragedy that occurred there was egregious."

All members of the band would like to sincerely apologize to anyone who experienced loss from the Vegas shooting 8 months ago, and to anyone who was at our show who lost a loved one or a friend, or who had to witness the incredibly senseless violence that night.

We were asked why we didn’t release an immediate apology. Well, we didn’t feel that we could write a sincere apology without reflecting on the actual damage we had done. No press agent was gonna write this for us. That’s why we have struggled with this for the past few days.

We didn’t plan or intend on saying anything so insensitive. It was off the cuff, but just as hurtful. We won’t blame it on drugs or alcohol or Ambien. That’s too easy. NOFX said it, and we own it. We made a tasteless joke. But to be clear, NOFX does not condone violence against ANY group of people, period."

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I chose not to lash out at comedians, entertainers, TV shows and such that mock humanity as much as I am angry and frustrated with gun manufacturers, retailers, politicians and such who make those situations possible.

I think what Eric and Mike said was disrespectful, ridiculous and classless. They have to suffer the recourse to their words and they have had financial and personal backlash they have to live with. They have been an anti gun band, and have said tons of controversial things. I sure hope there has been more in their career that’s offended you than that drunken stage banter.

I am personally more concerned about comments and actions of people in power an other forms of racist and hate spreading factions than Fat Mike though. That’s me personally. Was he wrong. Yes. I don’t think there’s a debate in that. I think our responses are just different to what the long term response is.

16. StoJa9

Regular

Don't concern yourself what what I'm doing, chief.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. DannyZach

Trusted

Lol

.K. and amorningofsleep like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I listened to Mike’s interview on Lead Singer Syndrome Podcast from just after the Frank Turner split. Much better interviewer and they cover some similar topics.

Most interesting part is that NOFX is already working on their next album already because this one was delayed for so many months. So new record this year and maybe be t year too? Glad to hear Mike’s clean now for a while anyways.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. amorningofsleep

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Eh haha.

I really miss the Decline/War On Errorism/Wolves NOFX.

.K. likes this.
  22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  23. razorburn

Trusted

Official stream of the new album.

Dan O'Neill and .K. like this.
  24. razorburn Feb 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2021)
    razorburn

Trusted

"Your Last Resort" is incredible.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  25. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

That is one bad album. Used to love them, but man, Fat Mike has turned into such a self-aggrandizing prick over the years, it just not palatable anymore