Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX - First Ditch Effort (October 7, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jul 25, 2016.

1. amorningofsleep Jul 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2016)
    amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

[​IMG]

via Fat Wreck Chords

Preorder

Tracklisting:
    01. Six Years on Dope
    02. Happy Father’s Day
    03. Sid and Nancy
    04. California Drought
    05. Oxy Moronic
    06. I Don’t Like Me Anymore
    07. I’m A Transvest-lite
    08. Ditch Effort
    09. Dead Beat Mom
    10. Bye Bye Biopsy Girl
    11. It Ain’t Lonely at the Bottom
    12. I’m So Sorry Tony
    13. Generation Z

"Oxy Moronic" music video

Full album stream:

Epic 18 likes this.
  2. amorningofsleep

I'm always a fan of Melvin-heavy tracks.

truelovewaits likes this.
  3. George

Trusted Prestigious

Always enjoy new NOFX. They've basically settled into a groove of a handful of good songs, a handful of filler and one or two dire songs on every album, so I expect basically the same this time around, which I'm fine with. New single is cool.

4. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Feels like with each new record, Mike gets more and more personal, which is cool (judging by titles).

New song is rad. Melvin rules. Love the lyrics, considering its Smelly's life he details in the book.

5. Viking Wizard Eyes

Wizard full of lies

Cant wait for this! such a good year for music! Excited to see what they've come up with, wasn't much of the record written/recorded while on drugs?
    I need to get my hands on their book aswell. no bookstores I checked had it :( So gonna order it online any day now.

6. George

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like that's probably a safe assumption for every NOFX album haha.

Viking Wizard Eyes likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Haha the book is very good and Melvin's voice is so much better than Mike's.

8. amorningofsleep

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. smoke4thecaper

"Oxy Moronic" is such a classic NOFx song. I heard Mike mention in an interview that they were going to release the song to radio. Curious if they still plan to do that.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Erwin89 likes this.
  11. razorburn

Trusted

"I’m So Sorry, Tony" is heartbreaking.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Digging this album, they sound great and someone somewhere posted "renewed sense of urgency," which I agree with.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Generation z is awesome.

14. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Loving this album after a listen and a half. Has the same kinda vibe as War On Errorism, just with darker lyrics in the second half. Generation Z and Sid And Nancy rule.

teebs41 and JRGComedy like this.
  15. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Also, the outro to Generation Z has a 'The Decline' outro vibe to it as well. Really cool.

16. amorningofsleep

Full stream:

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This band always delivers on what I expect from them. I've been kind of obsessed with "I Don't Like Me Anymore"

18. smoke4thecaper

Wow. This album is something else, man. Been a huge NOFX fan most of my life and this ranks up there as one of their best. "Generation Z" has gotta be one of their career highlights. I know Mike's daughter reads the poem, but who is the other girl? She goes off in that song - love it!

Some really powerful stuff on here. "Happy Father's Day" and "I'm a Transvest-lite" are about topics I've read/heard Mike discuss a lot the past few years, but he has a way with words to make these topics even more personal than before. I mean, "My Orphan Year" was personal as hell, but these go even deeper.

I also adore the song for Tony. Everything I wanted. Very nice eulogy for Mike to share with us.

19. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Pretty much nailed it. I'm in the same boat as you, been with this band for the last fifteen years of my life and this album's insanely good.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Great album, might be the best since pump up the valume

21. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

This is solid.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Watched Backstage Passport 2 this morning and that led to me binging First Ditch Effort all day.

JRGComedy likes this.