Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX Cancel All Their U.S. Shows • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2018.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Most bands of their success don’t book their own tours or talk to venue or show runners. It does make sense if Kent couldn’t get them tour dates and told then not to talk about it until he figured something out.

If you’ve had the chance to watch Backstage Passport you’d have an insight into how this band and touring goes for them (but in very unique locations).

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The idiots are taking over

3. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

No one's banning them. They probably felt the need to cancel to all of their shows, so they made the whole thing up. There are plenty of bands that have said and done worse (I'm looking at you, All That Remains) that still tour today.

4. thomasj182

Calling BS, I spoke with a friend who does security at a venue they were supposed to be playing at and no one there knew the show had been canceled nor did anyone there cancel it. Now, with that being said they may have gotten blow back from other venues and had to skip certain cities which wouldn't make sense for routing purposes but I highly doubt all venues collectively dropped their shows.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

In his statement he says the are playing all other dates outside the US. There’s obviously something going on even if it’s not entirely clear.

6. bloodinthesand

Regular

GOOD

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Dude can dish it out for 20+ years but can’t take one (1) consequence? Typical. He’s probably full of shit though if we’re being honest. Venues book questionable bands all the time, so I’m pretty curious what the whole story is here.

8. zmtr

Trusted

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a ploy to get people back on their side/cause fake outrage. Seems fishy that EVERY venue they had booked "cancelled"..

Oh well. Nothing of value was lost anyways.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

People may not like Fat Mike, but his label and band have been have been pretty innovative things in a style of music that needs variety. He’s also been very supportive of bands and causes, and some very specific people.

10. TheFrontBortles

I think the fact that you have to use multiple qualifiers when talking about people he is supportive of speaks to some of the issues with fat mike

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When Tony Sly of No Use For Name passed away, Fat Mike stepped up to try and help his family (wife and three daughters), and released a compilation with funds going to them. I’d say that a good friend.

He and Erin have only ever signed bands to single album contracts to give artists freedoms so they never feel restricted to a label. Some bands have released several albums with the Fat Wreck as result.

Mike’s been in same band forever, worked with a bunch same members and team, formed a second cover band, Me First and Gimmie Gimmies which includes a member of the Foo Fighters who was former employee of his.

He started a Rock Against Bush movement when he took an interest in politics. He put up money to support a cause (doesn’t matter which side your on, he encouraged voters to get out and have their voice heard.

Mike seems like a weird guy, but he is who he is. There’s no hiding behind a fake image. He seems to have had a rough childhood and has become a sell made million heir. He’s help friends and other artists profit along the way. I can see why some people don’t like him. I couldn’t be his friend in the real world. Be we excuse some people’s mental health issues, or excuse other people’s addiction issues. Pretty sure Mike has some problems. And he’s known for saying and doing some stupid things. But he is self aware, and actual quite bright when he’s sober from everything I’ve ever heard.

He’s a punk to a definition. Far from perfect. But he’s not a politician saying this stuff. His been very creative with his music. People on this website aren’t big fans of 90’s punk music.

12. good. get fucked. hopefully EU does the same. fuck these guys.

13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

What did El Hefe and Smelly do wrong? I get people are deservedly mad about comments Mike and Melvin made during their Vegas show, and Mike has pulled some stupid stuff live before, but people here have a huge hate on for NOFX.

14. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Dude. It's a lie. No one canceled their shows. They're using it as a cover up.

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Cover up for what? Unless it’s poor ticket sales. That can happen after some bad press. Plus I think NOFX who’d go to their shows would still go even if they are pissed.

16. which makes them look even worse. if their ticket sales are struggling you'd think they'd be more honest about it since they like to crack jokes at the expense of mass shooting victims. :chin: