Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

NOFX will releasse Single Album on February 26th. Today they’ve shared the new song “Linewleum” and pre-orders are now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=_Y3yDBklhDI&feature=youtu.be
    Fat Wreck Chords and longstanding California punk band NOFX are excited to announce Single Album, the band's 14th full-length album, due out on Friday, February 26 (pre-order).  Boasting 12 new tracks and recorded at Motor Studios in San Francisco with Bill Stevenson and Jason Livermore (Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Teenage Bottlerocket), Single Album is their most personal album to date. Check out the new video for the lead single "Linewleum,” and get the nitty gritty from the fat one himself:

"I have no idea why "Linoleum" is THE NOFX song that is covered by so many bands while other NOFX songs get hardly any attention. "Linoleum" wasn't a single, it had no video, it got no radio play, and most importantly, it didn't even have a chorus!!! All popular songs have choruses! WTF! So, One night I stayed up till 4:00 am checking out all the different versions on YouTube. Watching hundreds of bands from over 28 countries (mostly Indonesia) doing "Linoleum" was a humbling experience for me. So I decided to write a song that was a shout out to all those people that learned those four chords and remembered the non-rhyming lyrics. Then I asked the biggest of all the bands (Avenged Sevenfold) to play some leads on the song. Then M Shadows suggested we do a video together. Then I figured I should put all of the bands in the video. Well, I couldn't fit all the bands, but I picked a bunch of cool ones! A song about not playing a song that's not a hit song with a video about other bands covering the song! This is why I love punk rock writing punk songs. Rules out the door!" 
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

This is a super fun video and song. It was great seeing bands I've known from all over represented.

3. AlwaysEvolving21 Jan 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 12, 2021)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I do not have high hopes for this album. This song has been out for awhile now too, I believe.

Edit: Actually, 5 of the 10 songs have been released already lol. They definitely just released them as singles since Covid started and are now throwing them onto an album.

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Did you like First Ditch Effort? Honestly might be my casually favorite NOFX album. Super easy to just throw on and listen to.

LightsOut likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I actually don't haha. I am more of a The Decline, Thanks For All Shoes, War on Errorism, and Wolves in Wolves Clothing person.

6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Kinda bummed that the color pressing was gone in minutes. Oh well. Still grabbed one. Pretty cheap!

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Guess that’s why it’s called Single Album haha

JRGComedy and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Single Album is actually because it was originally supposed to be a Double Album and released last year. According to Shane Told of Silverstein, M. Shadows of A7X convinced Fat Mike that it worked better as a single album instead.

btr, Raku and JRGComedy like this.
  9. blink180ryan

The end of the Linewleum video is similar to Blink 182's video for Brohemian Rhapsody lol. Too cool

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Brohemian has a video?

11. silentc

Regular

Yes its Mumford & Sons "playing" the song and Blink walks in on them at the end

333 GANG and blink180ryan like this.
  12. blink180ryan

Yeah. Its awesome!

13. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Hadn't heard this song yet. Super fun idea. Linoleum is a fun acoustic/campfire song, will be a good new trick to bust out the updated version after. Think everyone was getting over my previous trick of mash ups (a friend was devastated to learn you can sing "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" over the top of Everlong haha)