Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX Album Coming in June

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

NOFX frontman, Fat Mike, spoke with MediaMikes about recording the band’s new album. It’s looking like a June release.

Our new album is I think our most personable album yet. For me it was like peeling off my skin. The new album which will come out in June is the first album that I wrote and recorded a lot of while I was using drugs. In the past I have always gone into the studio and recorded sober. What I found while working on this album was that I cared more. After I would do a line I became extremely focused on making whatever song I was working on the best it could be.

2. Raku

Regular

Was hyped at first, but then I read the quote...

I'm not sure if I like the fact that he wrote this album while under the influence (of whatever it was he was taking). I'll still check it out and like Nofx, but I'm sure how this album is going to turn out (makes me a bit concerned about the quality now).

3. Viking Wizard Eyes

Wizard full of lies

^ I feel the exact opposite. I'm hyped to see what they have come up with!!

4. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Jeez, Fat Mike is a mess.

Cola. and Raku like this.
  5. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

i love NOFX and Mike, but that dude needs to get his shit together.

Raku likes this.
  6. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Geez. I mean, I'll check the album out but daaaamn. This could be a trainwreck, or this could be amazing.

Raku likes this.
  7. DaveDalva

Representing the 514

Drugged up or sober, I'll always get stoked for new NoFX.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

This will probably be the best NOFX album of all time now.

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Don't forget how many famous records of the late 60's-mid 90's involved artists who worked and generally live on drugs. And its shouldn't come as a surprise since Mike has been open about his drug use which he started when he was about 30, and he is always drunk when the band performs live.

With NOFX, and Mike particularly, everything seems like a choice. If that means A punk band doing an 18 minute long song like The Decline, starting a label to sign bands you like, doing a cover band like Me First and The Gimmie Gimmies, or Mike wearing a dress. It also wouldn't surprise me if I read he died in an S&M/drug overdose accident. They sorta do what they want.

jorbjorb likes this.
  10. jorbjorb

7 rings

Motion City Soundtrack singer used to be smashed in the studio too.

11. Fox83

Trusted

I'm kind of torn on this. I'm interested in hearing it, but I feel like, if the album is well received, it's essentially sending the message of "Hey, the drug use really worked in your favor!"

12. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

My first thought too. Doubt he ever will though

13. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I doubt be can get as trashed in the studio as The Replacements.

With that said, it would be interesting if this turned out to be like Don't Tell A Soul. Looking forward to this.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

one thing that he has said, is that he has learned to control his drug habit. This of course doesn't make it right, but he really controls his doses and how much he takes. again I am not staying that it is right.. I'm just saying he probably isn't there stoned out of his mind. Of course I'm sure a lot of drug addicts say the same thing.

15. StoJa9

Regular

Look at your CD/MP3 collection right now. You know how many of those were recorded when the band was fucked up on something? Booze, coke, heroin, etc. Probably a lot more than you think. I don't know why people are acting shocked by this revelation.

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Seriously. I'm genuinely surprised that he recorded any albums sober.

Dan O'Neill and StoJa9 like this.
  17. StoJa9

Regular

Brendon Urie has said how fucked up on drugs he was recording some past PATD records. Fat Mike says it and people are whispering in hushed tones and wringing their hands. :hearno::seeno::speakno: