Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

NOFX’s Fat Mike Enters Rehab

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Damn, best of luck to him.

I remember him saying in "the other F word" that he won't play a show sober. So I'm hoping the sobriety sticks.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Interesting. After reading NOFX's book, Mike is so brutally honest about his drug/alcohol use and he's cognizant of the abuse, it seemed like he had it all in control (for the most part). Curious what made him come to this decision, but hey - best of luck to the guy.

4. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

I got excited when he posted a picture of a noah levine book. Really hope the best for him. He can only do what he's been doing for so long before it catches up to him.

5. Wish him the best!

6. Most people who have lost control rarely admit it or even believe it themselves

7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Oh for sure. If you ever read the book, his candor is difficult to read, but you can't help but appreciate his transparency. When he talks about using drugs and how his daughter made him change his off-stage usage, it's not exactly "greatest dad" material, but he recognized that he never wanted to be under the influence around her. The other members chime in as well and Mike doesn't shy away from their criticism. I don't have much experience with addiction but Mike's always been so upfront about it and I'm happy he saw that rehab was the best option.

8. Jake Z

Regular

Best wishes to Mike. I need to read that book it sounds fascinating.

9. Raku

Regular

I'm hoping he's able to stop the drug usage and doesn't relapse.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. notbrokejustbent

I'm absolutely shocked he hasn't had some major health issues/is still alive after 30 years of regular drug use.

11. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Best of luck to him. I know he always justified his drug use by saying he did it responsibly or whatever, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him. He's a legend and I would hate to lose him.

12. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Wish him the best. Direct Hit posted a few photos with him from a month back or so and he just didn't look well.

13. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Somehow Mike stayed off of hard drugs until his 30's. That always surprises me, since he's been such a heavy user these past few years.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I can't imagine him sober.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. LightsOut

Regular

Nice! Was worried about him!

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

he didn't actually start using drugs until he was in his 30s

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

absolutely was worried ha, supposed to see NOFX perform Punk in Drublic at Amnesia Rockfest not sure that will happen now, that is okay just want him to be okay

18. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Jeez. Best of luck to him. If his history with drugs is that extensive I'm kinda surprised it took him this long to seek help. Better late than never though.

19. razorburn

Trusted

Good for him.

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Good on him, nothing wrong with admitting that you need help. Wishing him the best of luck.

21. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Substances are a crippling thing that ruin people, hoping the best

Raku likes this.
  22. caseyaylward

He's been through a long periods of sobriety periodically throughout their career. Notably for So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes and for War On Errorism.

23. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Good for him! Wish him the best!

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

good job mike