Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jordalsh, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Noah Gundersen is a Seattle musician--his latest album is Carry The Ghost.

2. I had to do a double take because I couldn't find a thread yet. it's been a while since I've spun CTG, will have to do that soon.

anyway, I was writing up MP3 posts for Magnet and I was shocked at the resemblance I heard in this song

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

HOW HAVEN'T I MADE THIS THREAD YET?

fenway89 and jordalsh like this.
  4. Craig Manning

My interview with him is reposted on the content side of the site, if anyone wants to read that again!

Noah Gundersen • chorus.fm

Also, seeing him on his solo acoustic tour this month. VERY excited for that.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Craig Manning likes this.
  6. cryates Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Carry The Ghost was my favorite album of '15. Ledges was my favorite album of '14. Noah is incredible.

Heartbreaker is probably my most listened to track of the last five years.

Craig Manning likes this.
  7. ugh ok listening to Carry The Ghost right now and remembering how fucking great

Craig Manning likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

He didn't quite grab back to back AOTY titles for me, but that's only because 2015 was stacked. Interested to see if he's got anything coming this year.

9. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

Carry the Ghost was #2 for me last year, behind Sufjan. I love that album.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. planted seeds. goddamn.

11. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Does anyone have any recommendations to something similar sounding to Carry The Ghost. I've never had an album grab me in the same way that one has. I've tried those music map sites but they usually never hit the right spot.

12. Southeastern
    by Jason Isbell is more similar to Ledges, but you'd probably still really enjoy it if you haven't heard it yet! Newest Butch Walker record is great too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if you've already listened to these two but if you haven't I can't recommend them enough!

Craig Manning and Jason Tate like this.
  13. Craig Manning

I'd second both of the ones that @Danny mentioned up there. I'd also recommend David Ramirez - Fables, which Noah produced around the same time he was making this record, so it has a similar sound. And John Moreland's High on Tulsa Heat is similarly stark and intimate.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  14. JM95

Trusted

I'm going to have to go back and listen to CTG. I remember for some reason being unsure of it on first listen, really liking it on second and then disliking it a bit on third. Maybe the fourth listen will clear it up for me!

15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Fables is so good.

Dave Diddy and Craig Manning like this.
  16. Craig Manning

It's a good sign that, with Carry the Ghost, I still can't pick just one favorite track. Side three is fucking perfect, though.

17. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

I've done the Butch Walker album and am a big fan. Will have to check out the others for sure. There's just something so special about CTG, I really hope I can find another album that floors me the same haha. Thank you both

Danny likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

Southeastern is definitely a good place to go for that. Some of the lyrics on that album hit like bags of bricks.

19. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

He's teasing something for tomorrow......?!?!?!?

20. Craig Manning

A video? An EP? An album? Very intrigued to see what this is.

21. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Looks like a video to me. But hey, I'll gladly welcome an EP or, especially, an album.

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Doubt it's new music. He has put out an awful lot in a short period of time. But hey, keep it rolling I guess.

23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

he did mention in interviews for Carry the Ghost that he's already got an album's worth of material written, but I'm guessing it's a music video. Empty From the Start?
    also, just realized I haven't seen any of the other videos from this album.

24. Craig Manning

Yeah, he told me last year that he'd already been writing a lot, and he tweeted something around New Year's that was basically "yes, I will have new music out this year."