Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - White Noise (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Jul 7, 2017.

1. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

That makes a lot of sense. I do appreciate that he's changing, though. I love Isbell, but I'm over here hoping he goes with a different producer for the next record, so he can switch something up. I felt the same way about Dawes -- I was sad we didn't get another "all your favorite bands," but then I realized that we still have that record.
    Completely agreeing with you on that new Bon Iver. I found it nearly unlistenable at first, and now I go back to it a /lot/.
    And that theme sounds like it'll hit me right at the perfect time. So unspeakably excited.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I feel like Dawes have really knocked it out of the park on that front. They've worked with really interesting people and made completely different records every time out.

I agree that it's probably time for Isbell to work with someone new. I even asked Noah a couple years ago if he'd consider working with a producer. I just don't really think the guy he worked with on this was necessarily the right fit. He definitely pushed Noah out of his comfort zone though, so there's value in that.

3. derekjd

I don't know who produced Field Report's Marigolden, but that would be a great partnership. Noah's lyrics with that little bit of electronic stuff going on in the background.

4. Craig Manning

Interestingly, Noah said Field Report's new (still unannounced) album was a big inspiration to him when he was making this record.

5. derekjd

I really wonder what the hold up is. I really want that new field report!

6. zmtr

Trusted

There was a nice little preview of a new song in a video with his baby on instagram the other day

ive heard a couple of the new songs and I believe its coming out mid fall

7. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

New song HEAVY METALS released today. Holy shit. The chorus in the end.. I love Ledges and Carry the Ghost, but this is shaping up to be my favorite album for sure.

austingordon, zmtr and Jason Tate like this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

Just got around to listening to it. I cannot fucking wait for this record. Only The National have had better singles this year.

9. zmtr

Trusted

Can't decide if I like HEAVY METALS or Bad Desire more. They're both perfect.

fenway89 and morken like this.
  10. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

The new David Ramirez record is really good too.

11. derekjd

Yeah. It's 3 for 3 now. Can't wait to get this puppy and dig into it. Wish we had it for this storm coming through though -- sounds like it would be the perfect sonic pairing. Stay safe, everyone!

fenway89 and austingordon like this.
  12. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

It had to grow on me a bit, but I do love Heavy Metals. When it slams at the end, I was feelin' it, and Noah's melody is fire

fenway89 and zmtr like this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

The Sound is the only new one I'm really into, but i'm still waiting for whatever songs he teased in his IG story were, those were everything I want from Noah.

14. Craig Manning

15. zmtr

Trusted

Can't wait to read that at work tomorrow.

If there's 1 song on this better than HEAVY METALS I'll be happy. I've been listening to that song 5 times a day.

fenway89, Craig Manning and morken like this.
  16. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I LOVE this format so much better than reading the standard Q&A. excited to dive into this one on the commute home.

Craig Manning likes this.
  17. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

fenway89 and Craig Manning like this.
  18. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

19. Craig Manning

It's probably my fifth favorite song on the album.

Yeah, I think I'm done with the Q&A format. It's just not all that satisfying to read or put together. I'd rather put a little extra time into it and do something like this, or like I did for the new Will Hoge album. Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks Kyle! Putting this together definitely made me appreciate the album more.

20. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Soooo pumped to listen to this next week, but man Noah needs to shave that disgusting mustache haha

fenway89 and loudasallgetout like this.
  21. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

22. Craig Manning

Thanks! Yep, blend of interview and review was the intention, so I'm glad that came across!

fenway89 likes this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

So does it get a highly recommended from you?

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Craig's review/interview has made me want to listen to this album. I'd been a casual fan following Noah for a number of years but finding that the sound blended together a bit too much. This record sounds really interesting to me and a lot more diverse. Will definitely be checking it out - thanks for a well written and compelling insight into the album.

25. Craig Manning

Yep, definitely. It's still a top five record for me this year, even if it's not the instant classic Ledges and Carry the Ghost were.

fenway89 and awakeohsleeper like this.