Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - White Noise (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 33

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

.K., coleslawed, Matthewconte and 2 others like this.
  2. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

just based on the clips he had on his story, this record is going to be a real treat.

morken likes this.
  3. Ben Lee

Right on time!

Attached Files:

.K. and zmtr like this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

the king is back

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I really hope I like it better than White Noise. I'm still kind of bummed about how little I go back to that record.

KalValor likes this.
  6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Same. Don't remember the last time I listened to it front to back. Still has some absolute jams on it though (Number One Hit, Heavy Metals, Fear and Loathing, Bad Desire, Send the Rain).

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

"California" is still one of my favorite songs of the year so far

8. Craig Manning

I spin the vinyl every few months, to see if it's clicked. It's still wildly hit or miss for me. It has a lot of really great songs (all the ones you mentioned, plus "After All," "The Sound," and "Dry Year") but it doesn't really cohere into anything greater than the sum of its parts, and there are some songs I genuinely dislike.

9. zmtr

Trusted

"After All" is definitely underrated.

It's definitely my least favorite album but I've seen Noah play like 8 times and nothing comes close to the White Noise show. Even the songs I don't really like came to life in an extreme way.

10. Ben Lee

If the clips he shared in his story are indicative of the record, along with "Wrong Side" also being indicative of that sound, I'm anticipating his best record yet.

zmtr likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I think I would’ve liked white noise more if it were a bit shorter, but I still love it. Maybe even more than carry that ghost

.K. likes this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

White Noise era is 22 or so songs. He really experimented, and I think the successes of this album will probably be carried over long term.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy "New Religion."

14. NitrateDawn

Regular

That's the low point of the record for me lol. As a whole I absolutely love White Noise though, I'd listened to Noah a bit before but it was the album that got me into him

15. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

He shared what I presume is the tracklist/working titles on his IG Story. Looks like no "Wrong Side"... wonder if "Wild Horses" is a cover.

Robin Williams
    Crystal Creek
    Lover
    Watermelon
    Drawing Out The Line
    Out Of Time
    Audrey Hepburn
    Styrofoam
    Wild Horses
    All My Friends
    Little Cup
    So What
    Kamikaze

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

He probably won't ever top Ledges for me, which is fine. I just want something a little more consistent and cohesive than White Noise. He had a lot of ideas on that record and I don't think he quite knew how to meld them into something that worked as an album. Kind of don't think the guy he had as producer on that record did much to reign in Noah's more indulgent impulses, either.

17. Ben Lee

I can get behind this. I do think that the best songs on White Noise & the b-sides, along with “Wrong side” would have been a better record than ledges though.

18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Both would be amazing, but so different.

19. Craig Manning

I wouldn't go that far. I've tried a few times to "make my own" White Noise, and while I like what I've come up with, I still think it's his weakest album. I don't think the highs are as high as either of the previous albums, and I have a huge emotional connection to Ledges that I just don't have to most of the White Noise stuff. Also, no way it's better than Carry the Ghost, which in terms of theme and cohesion is probably his "greatest" work.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. zmtr

Trusted

Saw this dude open for John Moreland a few years back. A great guitarist who spends most of his career backing up other artists. I figured this thread might enjoy his new song. Super good and reminds me of White Noise era Noah.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

22. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

God damn the clips on Noah's Instagram are sounding good. Can't wait for this

coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this will be great.

24. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Is that the same person who produced White Noise?

25. zmtr

Trusted

The clips he posted sound incredible but I have a feeling he’s going to push a lot of his fans who already weren’t huge on White Noise further away.

coleslawed likes this.