Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - White Noise (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Jul 7, 2017.

1. zmtr

Trusted

All Of Your Love and God Don't Talk are both incredible. Haven't had a good past couple of weeks and they're destroying me.

2. NitrateDawn

Regular

Where are you guys hearing these b-sides?

3. zmtr

Trusted

send me a pm my guy

4. zmtr

Trusted

"Separator" is the most underrated Noah song ever

coleslawed and jordalsh like this.
  5. zmtr

Trusted

Triple posting right now but "Garden" might be my all time favorite piece of writing from him.

delta_existential and coleslawed like this.
  6. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I don't listen to the Family EP much, but you are absolutely right in that Garden is a fantastic song.

zmtr likes this.
  7. morken

And by the way, these B-sides should not be called B-sides. They put every other B-side ever created by any artist to shame. #nohyperbole

austingordon and zmtr like this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah I've listened to nothing but these tracks the last 2 days aside from a little bit of Grouper.

austingordon likes this.
  9. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

"California" has grown on me a lot, as has "Some Nights". I love the super slow, moody pacing of that last track. It's gorgeous. I can say with certainty that I do not like the title track at all, and as much as I love Noah, that song was just Radiohead worship to the point of almost being annoying.

10. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

These are like listening to a brand new album. Loving this, excited to see him tomorrow night.

11. zmtr

Trusted

Really wish he would've played God Don't Talk last Thursday

12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Show was incredible. The piano version of The Sound was something really special, an electric Ledges was also something new for me. Last time I saw him it was full band.

It was funny to hear him say he went to see Underoath when he was 15 and knocked over their keyboard crowdsurfing.

zmtr, austingordon, morken and 2 others like this.
  13. froleo

austingordon and morken like this.
  14. morken

15. Does anyone have a list of what these b-sides are? Is it something news worthy to post about for fans?

coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  16. morken

1. I'm alright
    2. White noise
    3. God don't talk to strangers
    4. Lady of the ocean
    5. California
    6. All of your love
    7. Sentimental kids
    8. Last of the leavers
    9. Some nights

Definitely newsworthy, in regards to the fact that the songs are amazing. The problem is that he sold pins with a download code for the B-sides at the beginning of the solo tour, but they sold out instantly. He tweeted that they'll see an official release eventually though.

But right now, I guess the news story is that they're "out there".

evanlott94 and zmtr like this.
  17. zmtr

Trusted

God Don't Talk to Strangers is one of the songs I've ever heard. I'm completely obsessed.

18. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I don't think I can hold out on trying to find these songs.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Went to his show with Aaron Gillespie in Waco. Absolutely god damn flawless. Played like 20 songs. Also, literally throughout the entire show, I only saw someone pull out a phone like twice until the very last song. Everyone was laser-focused on him. It was really nice.

coleslawed, zmtr and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  20. delta_existential

Garden and San Antonio Fading are fucking amazing songs.

I'd say they're among my favorite songs of his that he's ever written, and yet I still feel like he gets better with every release. Don't ask me to explain how that works lol.

zmtr and coleslawed like this.
  21. zmtr

Trusted

Whats the most underrated Noah song?

The answer is Silver Braclet.

God damn, CTG is a masterpiece.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Tour Pin Ep is such a nice compliment to White Noise

23. zmtr

Trusted

Still don't understand how "God Don't Talk To Strangers" didn't make the cut. One of his best songs ever

24. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, that one at very least should have been on there. Really curious why it wasn't.

As for Noah's most underrated, "Blossom" is probably my pick. The stretch of "Empty from the Start," "Blossom," and "Topless Dancer" might be my favorite three-song run from any album this decade.

zmtr, coleslawed and Zac Djamoos like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Blossom :heart:

zmtr and coleslawed like this.