Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - White Noise (September 22, 2017) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Jul 7, 2017.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Bad Desire to Send the Rain might be my favorite stretch of songs on the album but holy shit Fear and Loathing.

coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah Fear and Loathing is just perfect

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Wow, okay, there is so much going on here. I would need several more playthroughs of the record to come up with an informed opinion. It is too long and sprawling for me to be able to fairly evaluate it after only one listen. I do know there are some songs here that are among the best I've heard all year. Send The Rain, Heavy Metals, and Bad Desire are the ones that really got to me the first time through.

morken and coleslawed like this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

Sorry, one more post needed to emphasize how incredible Send The Rain is. I had to play that one twice. If I ever write a song half as good as that, it'll be so easily the best thing I've ever done. Wow.

Craig Manning and Ben Lee like this.
  5. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i got my shipment notification about an hour ago

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Definitely think this is a step below his first two. But been less than 24 hours.

7. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Not that I'm already looking forward, but I certainly feel like this is something he needed to write and get off his chest. It doesn't really fit into any older records or YITC, so I'm glad he wrote it.

Really excited to see what comes after this.

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

enjoying Bad Desire more in context with the album, Number One Hit is early contender for best song on this, but Dry Year/Send the Rain is the best 1-2 punch of the year, and that's saying a lot with MO & BN's albums.

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

Number One Hit is definitely growing on me. As is the opener

loudasallgetout likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, the last two tracks on this album demolish the way everyone else has closed their albums this year.

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve loved every Noah release, but I really think this might be his best.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. jeez, this is incredible really

coleslawed, zmtr and Craig Manning like this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

While I am one of the few that actually likes Cocaine Sex n Alcohol, I am kinda upset that he didn't just ride out the melodies he uses in the first half. Everything about the first half gives me shivers. I love how it instantly starts

teebs41 likes this.
  14. zmtr

Trusted

I don't even have an opinion on Bad Actors. I do really love the synth drum beats but on an already long album it's hard not to skip

15. Gooddayz

always and forever

That was a solid first listen. Only song I didn't care for at all was Bad Actors, but everything else gripped me in some sort of way. I need more listens to really digest what I just heard though, holy crap.

16. zmtr

Trusted

Bad Actors was just straight up a bad choice. It has to be the least interesting song he's ever recorded... by far.. and that's a lot of songs

17. Gooddayz

always and forever

Yeah I agree. I was so glad it turned out to be the shortest song on the record haha

18. zmtr

Trusted

If we're talking about the last two albums I would compare it to Planted Seeds. The lyrics are beautiful but it's painfully dull

Gooddayz likes this.
  19. ImAMetaphor

Bad Actors was definitely one that just kind of happened during my first listen.

Gooddayz likes this.
  20. Gooddayz

always and forever

Sweet Talker took my breath away. Heavy Radiohead like he said, but he did it so well

21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

[​IMG]
    this is rad.

22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Sweet Talker and Fear & Loathing are my faves so far. Great opener and closer to this record as well. I loved CTG but this is more my speed.

Gooddayz likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bad Actors is like Sleep Well Beast-lite. Surprised that's the clear weak point for people.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. ImAMetaphor

Heavy Metals gives me Copeland vibes.

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yo what this is great. Why did no one tell me

Jason Tate likes this.