Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen Signs with Cooking Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Noah Gundersen has signed with Cooking Vinyl. The full press release is below.

COOKING VINYL is pleased to announce the signing of Seattle native NOAH GUNDERSEN, joining the label’s already star-studded line-up alongside Gogol Bordello, Alison Moyet, Lewis Watson, and The Dillinger Escape Plan, amongst others.
    “I am excited and grateful for the opportunity to work alongside Howie and the good folks at Cooking Vinyl,” Gundersen says. “In the ever-shifting music industry, it’s rare to find people willing to think outside the box and ahead of the curve, while still committing to a meaningful, hands-on approach. I have full confidence that the team at Cooking Vinyl are these kinds of people.”

In regards to the signing announcement, President of Cooking Vinyl America, Howie Gabriel, notes, “On behalf of the global Cooking Vinyl team, I am so excited to welcome Noah Gundersen to our family of artists. With a new album on the way, being able to use our resources to bring the album to the global music market is something we pride ourselves on being able to do. This marks a new era for Noah, and we couldn’t be more happy to be part of this journey.”

For his upcoming fourth studio album, fans will find Gundersen’s musical palette expanded from his previous works, showcasing thicker guitars and a heightened sense of self-awareness in his songwriting. Coming later this year, the highly anticipated body of work will reflect a whole new side of Gundersen, capitalizing on his already strong media following. NPR notes, “his songs are as intimate as a confessional.” Rolling Stone also took notice of Gundersen early on in his career saying, “It’s rare to see a young artist arrive so fully formed in his or her musical direction, but just in his mid-twenties, Noah Gundersen already seems to possess the soul of a grizzly rocker.”

Now, with a new label, new management (Red Light’s Mark Cunningham) and a new album on the way, Gundersen is ready to make 2017 his biggest mark on music yet.

Currently, Gundersen is on the road with City and Colour and will be performing at the Vancouver Folk Music Festival on July 15 – 16. A new album is planned for release in the Fall of 2017.

2. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Always excited for new Noah Gundersen music.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Thicker guitars" is something I can probably get onboard with.

Damien Davies and coleslawed like this.
  4. CMilliken

Trusted

Funny cause that made me worry right away cause I love his stripped down stuff. Though he hasn't released a bad EP or LP yet so I'm very optimistic.

5. Craig Manning

I just really loved the addition of the electric guitar on the last record.

6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

fourth album?
    are they counting one of the EP's or The Courage album?

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah, if you saw him live on the last tour you would be VERY excited for thicker guitars.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

I think whoever wrote this press release was confused.