Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 20, 2019.

1. PaperthinHymn

I'll be there for the show, no meet and greet. Really looking forward to finally seeing Noah live.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

just the show.

@PaperthinHymn you are in for a treat! I think this will be my 4th? been lucky enough to see him every album cycle and every time he out does himself.

Matt Chylak and PaperthinHymn like this.
  3. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Got mine in the mail just now

4. "All My Friends" has a very 1975 / Pop Country delivery to it that won't escape my brain. I'm thinking Dan + Shay with Matty and George production value.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Dan + Shay is definitely not something I had in my brain when I heard that song the first time. I guess I can hear it though!

6. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Not sure how I feel about it in its entirety. I think most songs are solid Noah (some possibly great) but I'm not sure if I like this R&B/pop sound for him. It's a little like he's trying on a costume to me.

Is that a Phoebe reference in the last track?

7. I ... was not expecting some of these negative reactions. Hm.

sean_rugy and Craig Manning like this.
  8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve had a hard time listening to anything else today so I think that’s a pretty good sign

coleslawed, sean_rugy and Jason Tate like this.
  9. Craig Manning

Yeah, I thought people would love this pretty unanimously. Some folks in here seem to like White Noise a lot more than we do, though.

10. I've heard one or two Pheobe references on the album. That one was blatant.

11. zmtr

Trusted

What’s the Phoebe reference

12. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

"Send me a dirty picture" line in Kamikaze -> Demi Moore

13. sean_rugy

we are the same person.

dadbolt likes this.
  14. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Some stuff on this gives me vibes similar to Copeland’s album from earlier this year. Especially “Older.”

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

He’s jumping styles quite a bit musically between albums and side projects. The style on Lover is pretty saturated in the market right now, but it’s a good album and Noah seems to have a lot of layers for people to discover.

(Most) people have only had the album for less than a day, so opinions will change and shift. I still think I will prefer Ledges style (which is the album I discovered his music), but I think each album has its set of really strong songs and things he does interesting stylistically.

16. Whatever guys. This fucking rules.

coleslawed and Craig Manning like this.
  17. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Was not expecting the late album wedding jam “All My Friends”

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  18. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I’m gonna need a few more listens to wrap my head around this but I can definitely say that I like it. I think the sun needs to go down before I give it another listen hahaha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. Drinks and late night, uninterrupted as possible, listens are def recommended.

20. sean_rugy

this is an album from Noah I didn't know I wanted to hear so badly because I never really expected something like this. in a way though, it kind of makes sense though just because of how experimental he got on White Noise. you can also hear every single one of the influences he listed in that one post from a while ago.

I love this so much.

dadbolt likes this.
  21. Craig Manning

Getting confused toggling between this thread and the Taylor Swift thread in my notifications. Haha

coleslawed and Matt Chylak like this.
  22. Craig Manning

Also, where is @zmtr to talk about how Bon Iver Noah goes in "Wild Horses"?

coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  23. sean_rugy

"Older" is an early favorite on just a couple listens. "All My Friends" immediately went on the summer playlist.

24. zmtr

Trusted

My vinyl didn’t ship yet lol...

Content with waiting until tomorrow. Kinda freaked out by some of the reactions here tbh

25. zmtr

Trusted

Gonna get real sad out by the fire with come CTG to warm me up

coleslawed likes this.