Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - Lover (August 23, 2019) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

You haven't heard any of my top three songs yet.

2. Clayton Crowder

BrokenCrow1989

Anybody heard of any early exclusive album streams?

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

I feel like pre-release album streams have died a quick but quiet death over the course of the past year or so. NPR used to get 3-6 a week. I think they've had about 3-6 all summer.

FTank and Barcara like this.
  5. Barcara

Regular

I always thought it was cool seeing which site picked up which stream. Ah well!

Slangster likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

I loved them. I'm kind of bummed they stopped happening. I'd give stuff a shot off Billboard streams that I'm sure I never would have listened to or discovered otherwise.

coleslawed and Barcara like this.
  7. Barcara

Regular

I remember I discovered a ton through NPR and WSJs "Speakeasy" column.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

I get that the end of leaks/the importance of first-week streaming numbers probably steered labels away from it, but it seems like such an obvious and powerful discovery tool. There was something exciting about seeing a pre-release stream even from an artist you already love that I don't think you get when it just pops up on Spotify/Apple Music on release day.

Barcara likes this.
  9. Clayton Crowder

BrokenCrow1989

Ill just cross my fingers that my vinyl bundle preorder arrives early. I remember Carry The Ghost showed up the Monday before.

10. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  11. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Mine shipped!! No delivery date yet though

12. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Mine shipped too! AND he's doing a surprise listening party in Denver tonight, playing the whole album! I'm gonna try to go!

Justin Roux and morken like this.
  13. Clayton Crowder

BrokenCrow1989

Looking through my videos, I noticed I captured a few minutes of “Audrey Hepburn” last year in Nashville

14. chhholly123

I wasn’t ready for “Out or Time” or “Older”.

Hardtofind likes this.
  15. Hardtofind

How was it? Hope there was a decent turnout

16. chhholly123

For sure! There was probably around 100 or so of us, it got a bit delayed due to rain. It was a real chill time, he just played the record and we were outside listening to it. I don’t want to hyperbolize after one listen, but I think he nailed it with this record. It’s much more cohesive than the last one, a good mix of what he does best while still taking some risks.

I’m glad I got to hear it now because there is another record called Lover that is probably gonna take up a lot of my attention on Friday. But I can’t wait to come back to this and dig into the lyrics.

coleslawed and Hardtofind like this.
  17. Craig Manning

I'm still not always ready for those, tbh. The only ones I ever skip.

18. @@ron

Regular

I hate that I missed the limited swirl vinyl. I can’t stop listening to Lose You

19. chhholly123

You didn’t like them?

20. Craig Manning

I do not like "Older." "Out of Time" is fine, but sounds too much like a White Noise song to me. Doesn't help that those two bookend my favorite song on the record.

21. chhholly123

Ha! I feel like we like a lot of similar artists for completely different reasons. I loved White Noise, so I was drawn to some of the similar sounds. AH was completely unremarkable to me.

I’m excited to listen again and see how much I agree with my first impression.

22. Craig Manning

Yeah, White Noise is by far my least favorite Noah album, ha. I think it played against a lot of his strengths. "Out of Time" sounds so much like a few songs on that record that I just don't really think it needed to be on this record.

"Older" is just a sound I don't think really works for him.

"Audrey Hepburn" is, I think, the most interesting song on the record lyrically.

chhholly123 likes this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Apparently this is out there

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Watermelon good god

sean_rugy and Craig Manning like this.