Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen Announces New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Noah Gundersen has announced the release of his new album. A Pillar of Salt arrives via Cooking Vinyl on Friday, October 8th. Today he’s released “Sleepless in Seattle” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Laurel and Hardy
    2. Body
    3. The Coast
    4. Exit Signs
    5. Atlantis (Feat. Phoebe Bridgers)
    6. Magic Trick
    7. Blankets
    8. Bright Lost Things
    9. Sleepless In Seattle
    10. Back To Me
    11. Always There
    Gundersen’s fifth solo LP and first new album in more than two years, A Pillar of Salt is heralded by today’s premiere of the lush new single, “Sleepless In Seattle,” available now at all digital platforms HERE.

“I moved to Seattle in 2009,” Gundersen says a small-town kid, just 20 years old. I lived out of my sleeping bag in garages, under tables, on couches, until finally moving into a place in the Queen Anne neighborhood with some friends. There was a feeling that anything was possible. Over time, like all things, the city changed. The few bands that ‘made it’ moved away, while the less fortunate gracefully bowed out when the insurmountable odds finally stacked too high. Tech companies moved in and priced out the artists. The culture of the place I fell in love with slowly disappeared. When Covid hit in early 2020, all the bars closed and I finally realized my time there was over. So I packed up and left. And yet, like Lot’s wife, I can’t help looking back, the voice in my head taunting me with Springsteen’s ‘Glory Days.’ I loved Seattle. I miss it. Or I guess I miss the memory of it.

LISTEN TO “SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE”

Gundersen will celebrate the arrival of A Pillar of Salt with a solo headline tour, getting underway October 9 and 10 with a two-night residency at The Soiled Dove Underground in Denver, CO; two- and three-night stands continue across the US through mid-December. Much of the tour is already sold out, including multiple shows in Decatur, GA, New York City, and Nashville. For complete details and remaining ticket availability, please visit www.noahgundersen.com.  
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

New song is great, but I'm a piece of shit who'd rather not buy double albums that don't actually need to be double albums. :crylaugh:

3. thechetearly

Regular

I really, really liked him through "Carry The Ghost" but for the life of me nothing beyond that has really clicked. For some reason his newer stuff rings a bit disingenuous to me, although I can't put my finger on why. All to say, I'll still give his new record a try!

whitenblue88 and CMilliken like this.
  4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Couldn't agree more

CMilliken and thechetearly like this.
  5. CMilliken

Trusted

Yep! I really loved everything he did through Carry The Ghost. After that it's just been a struggle to get into. I honestly don't think I ever made it all the way through Lover. Maybe once. Ledges was on repeat for months! If he's happy making the music he's making then great. I'll always check his new stuff out but it just may not be for me anymore. Hoping this record pulls me back in.

thechetearly likes this.
  6. The_Pioneer

Regular

For what it’s worth, according to interviews he went in that direction due to feeling disingenuous playing old songs.

I feel like if you like old Noah, you’d probably like songs like Fear & Loathing, Watermelon, Audrey Hepburn, Ouroboros, and maybe Wrong Side.

Im pretty excited about this one, I feel like he is really consistent in his output. Strangely enough, wasn’t huge on this first single, but feel like I might need to spend more time with it.

7. thebennewton

I wasn't a huge fan of White Noise, but Lover has some brilliant songs more in that older-style, particularly in the back half. On top of that: Ouroboros, Drawing Out The Line, Wrong Side. Loving Sleepless in Seattle