Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen - A Pillar of Salt (Oct. 8, 2021) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Slangster, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

That blue marble looks really nice. I got one as well. Test pressing was tempting.

sean_rugy likes this.
  2. Dog Fish

Mutt

....so the title track is a bonus track?

3. Same was true for White Noise.

coleslawed and Dog Fish like this.
  4. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

personally love that move for so reason

coleslawed likes this.
  6. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Tbh I felt the same about the Lover artwork

loudasallgetout likes this.
  7. Dog Fish

Mutt

Tbh carry the ghost is the only decent album artwork

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i think this is my favorite cover since CTG. Lover grew on me, though.

9. I think it's the contrast for me. I don't mind the screen-printed feel of the center image, but between blur in the foreground, the similar border color, and the soft shadow on the text, it all sort of melds together at a glance.

10. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Ledges is adorable though

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Dog Fish

Mutt

not when he looks exactly like your nephew who is a little piece of shit!

12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Song rules

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

absolutely. And I definitely made a complaint about it in that thread too. Turned out to be my favourite Noah album so let’s hope the trend continues.

surgerone likes this.
  14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Any idea what or where the bonus tracks will be a part of?

Alos, I was expecting him to drop the rumoured Young In The City Ep first and save an album for early next year so this is still a nice surprise.

I am also of the mindset that Ledges is my favourite record of his, but he’s got got to great songs on each album. His work has become pretty diverse though so I get not holding all his records to the same level of appreciation. Personally, I didn’t listen to Lover as much as I thought I would.

15. Bonus tracks are presently slated as vinyl exclusives, but as with every Noah Gundersen B-Side release, I imagine they'll end up on streaming services within a few months of the record's release.

coleslawed and .K. like this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

His Bsides usually have a few songs that a like more than a few album tracks so hopefully he puts these out digitally in some form. Nice job finding out about them.

17. surgerone

Regular Supporter

God don't talk to strangers is in this category for me :hearteyes:

coleslawed and .K. like this.
  18. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

All of Your Love is easily in my top 5 songs of his and i'm mad it never got an official streaming release aside from a 7 inch and a download card from his tour.

.K. likes this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

California is so cool too. It feels like a song a lot of other artists wish they wrote.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  20. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Listened to his whole discography yesterday. It's still my least favorite by some measure but I think I was a little harsh on White Noise back in the day. I still think Cocaine, Sex & Alcohol is a big swing and a miss and really drags on and disrupts the album flow.

loudasallgetout and .K. like this.
  21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

White Noise has about eight songs I adore, a couple I strongly dislike, and a few in between. Could have been his best album, judging by the b-sides, but it’s a tougher full listen than the other three, as is.

22. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Good assessment here...I agree with this 100%. Really do enjoy the fact that he really tries experimenting with different sounds and pushes his craft

Craig Manning and .K. like this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel the same way about White Noise. The era has a bunch of great songs…just not of them all made the album and you could have switched out 3-4 songs. I like it more than Lover in terms of his experimentation. Plus a song like The Sound holds up really well both electric and acoustic/piano versions.

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I love white noise honestly

coleslawed likes this.
  25. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I haven’t listened to it in a while, I should today