Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Noah Gundersen 4/23/16 Cleveland, OH Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bachna84, Apr 24, 2016.

1. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

slow dancer
    halo
    the difference
    david
    new song
    empty from the start
    first defeat
    show me the light
    boat house
    selfish art
    topless dancer
    dancing in the dark
    ledges
    jealous love
    new song
    new song
    new song
    cigarettes

This show (and tour, I believe) was advertised as "An Evening with Noah Gundersen" so there was no opening act. It was a solo set by Noah and it was awesome.

This was the first time seeing him for both me and my wife and we both had a really great time. She wasn't too familiar with Noah's material, but she loved it and before we got back to our car after the show she was already saying how she wanted to see him next time he was in town.

The new songs sounded really good. Noah said that he's been at home for the past month working on new songs and I think he said that he'd be recording in August. He talks pretty quietly so I may heard that incorrectly.

He played the piano during Jealous Love and the new song that followed and that was really awesome too. He really interacted well with the crowd and typically would talk for a minute or two between every other song. He definitely didn't overdo it though. I thought that Noah was really funny too. He just seems like such a down-to-earth guy. Right before he played Dancing in the Dark, Noah said that he recently got the chance to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. He said that it's amazing that Bruce can play for 3 or 4 hours at age 66. Then he paused for a couple seconds and said that he was only planning on playing for about an hour and a half and then his night was over.

Anyway, I highly recommend seeing him if you get the chance. I'm really thankful to AP (and now Chorus) for introducing me to Noah. It's hard to believe that he's only 26. I'm definitely excited to see what the future has in store for him.

Derek Wright and coleslawed like this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

We had a similar setlist, but didn't get "Ledges."

New songs were great, though. "Fear and Loathing" was probably my favorite of the bunch. I'm pretty sure that will be the title, anyway.

3. bachna84

Yeah, that song sounded great. That would be my guess for the title too. The second new one (Building a Religion?) he performed on the piano and it got a really good reception from the crowd. The third new one (I'm Alright?) was good and I really don't remember a whole lot about the last new song he played except that there were a lot of rhymes in the middle of it, haha. I don't really have a guess for the title of that one.

Looking forward to hearing finished versions of these songs hopefully by the end of 2016!

4. Craig Manning

I'm guessing the third one was called "I'll Be Fine," since there was already a Carry the Ghost b-side called "Alright." Also have no idea what the last one might be called, though.

He didn't say when he would be going into the studio at my show. If it's August, we probably won't be hearing a new album until mid to late 2017. They went into the studio for Carry the Ghost in August 2014 and it took about a year. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an EP, though. He said he already had an album's worth of songs written when I interviewed him last year, and that was before the album was even out.

5. bachna84

Ah, good call about the new song not being called "I'm Alright." I forgot about the b-side.

I didn't know that Carry the Ghost took that long between going into the studio and the release of the album. Knowing that, it's probably just wishful thinking to have another full length out by the end of the year. Any new music would be great though.

6. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

I'm seeing Noah in Boston tomorrow night. I can only hope for that Cleveland set list! I hope I get to hear Ledges, in my opinion it's his best song.

7. Craig Manning

You'll probably get "Ledges." We had a Q&A at the end of mine, so I think he subtracted a song from his setlist to make time for that.

Derek Wright likes this.
  8. bachna84

A Q&A would've been pretty cool though. How long did that last?

9. Craig Manning

Probably 10 or 15 minutes? Honestly, it was pretty cringey because the guy conducting most of it just asked awful question. He was some college professor or something and was super condescending. You could tell that Noah was trying pretty hard not to be snarky with his responses.