Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Time To Die (Cary Joji Fukunaga, October 8, 2021) Movie • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by thedrudo, May 26, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think it was implied she was a 00 but not confirmed she was 007.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, I guess it was "a source close to the film" and was never actually confirmed. But this new definitely broke last year and definitely caused controversy among the "Bond can't be a woman!" crowd on Twitter.

beachdude, Zilla, airik625 and 3 others like this.
  3. moura

Regular

Well, I guess now we can officially say Bond isn’t a woman... but 007 is. ;-)

Super pumped for this still!

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. imthegrimace

I just want to watch this movie!

moura likes this.
  5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Updated the release in the title. :-)

6. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

After today’s Wonder Woman news, I have a feeling this is going to be the next blockbuster to go with a simultaneous streaming & theatrical release, especially after the earlier rumors.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. imthegrimace

God I hope so

beachdude likes this.
  9. beachdude Nov 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2020)
    beachdude

Honestly all major movies should do this until a vaccine is truly widely available (and really even further on than that).

Tenet was my most anticipated movie of the year, but I still don’t feel safe going to theaters... and theaters where I live in Southern California literally weren’t open at all for most of the time it was in theaters anyway. I ended up caving and making my first watch a shitty cam rip torrent, which was not at ALL ideal for a movie like that... and I would’ve gladly thrown money its way even if it had been a $30 VOD or whatever.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I still think this has the lowest chance of any upcoming blockbuster to go to streaming, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

awakeohsleeper, Zilla and beachdude like this.
  11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I have to imagine the Broccoli’s are fighting that tooth and nail.

soggytime and beachdude like this.
  12. soggytime

Trusted

Yeah the thing about Bond that is kind of amazing but also it's curse in this situation is that it might be the last major movie franchise that isn't actually owned by one specific conglomerate. It's still controlled by the Broccolis who setup distribution/production deals with different studios.

Thus, it can't just go to HBO Max like Wonder Woman can without a steeper price tag. But imho at this point they need to just cut their loses and release it somewhere. They are going to continue to lose more money by having it sit on a shelf and gain interest from the companies that financed it as it continues to be un-released for over a year

beachdude likes this.
  13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I just don't see what the rush would be at this point to release it on VOD, especially when it's shown to not be as remotely profitable as releasing it in theaters (Unless Apple buys it for a ton of money). Wonder Woman is understandable because it's owned by WB, which runs HBO Max. They can piggyback off of it to keep viewers subscribed for the "Justice League" Snyder Cut.

Sony and MGM can just sit on this until theaters open and stand to make more money than if they released it now.

14. imthegrimace

Theaters probably won’t be opened fully until 2022 at this rate.

beachdude likes this.
  15. beachdude

I can definitely understand what you’re saying from a financial perspective. Idk my original comment may have mostly been wishful thinking on my part. I do hope more studios embrace what WB is doing with Wonder Woman going into 2021, because I think it’ll be quite a while still before big movies can truly be profitable in theaters again. It may not make sense for every studio/film, and perhaps this is a scenario where it wouldn’t make much sense for them, but I also don’t think it’s very feasible for all the major blockbusters that have already been delayed to just keep getting pushed back endlessly with no major releases in sight. Some are going to have to cave and adapt, and I personally hope Wonder Woman’s dual release strategy becomes a trend going into next year.

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I totally get your point and in a perfect world, I think it would happen. But I think we're at the point where unless the studio owns a streaming service or a streaming service is willing to pay for the rights that would make up for what it would lose at the box office, it's not going to happen.

The movies we've seen get dumped to VOD like "The Craft: Legacy" or "The Lovebirds" likely weren't going to make a ton of money. They were expendable. I could see Disney breaking down and releasing its current slate of MCU movies on streaming just so it won't have to catch up when theaters open. Something like Bond or "Ghostbusters," I just don't see the reason, even if they potentially wouldn't be released until 2022.

beachdude likes this.
  17. marceting

Trusted

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

extremely predictable

19. imthegrimace

Give me this movie damnit.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

sigh

22. imthegrimace

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

"MGM screened the movie for streamers, with a reported asking price of $600M, but none of them were willing to pony up even half of that."

woof

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

lmao that's a ridiculous amount of money to ask for any film

like just hold it back until it's safe ffs how hard is this

25. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Doesn't hurt for them to ask haha