Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No New Brand New Album This Year • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

This seems like the exact scenario we are and have been headed toward for a few years now. I think it just took the band too long to really own that particular path.

2. Terry

Called this. Least surprising news of the year.

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It's amazing the lengths some people will go to defend this band's indifference about their fans. In my opinion, it's really bad when artists go back on their word. It disappoints a lot of people. They've done it time and time again, repeatedly, for the better part of a decade. There's a difference between remaining true to your artistic standard, and being flakey.

Honestly, when the music comes out, I'm not sure how much I'll even want to listen to it at that point.

4. AshlandATeam Sep 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2016)
    AshlandATeam

Trusted

I've always been under the impression that the artists most worthy of respect are the ones who do what they do for the sake of art. Musicians make music because they love it, and because it makes them happy. That's what Brand New is doing.

If you don't want to be a fan of that, cool. But I'm in the camp of 'these people don't owe us anything.' And that's doubly true in a world where a huge percentage of the fanbase won't actually support them, other than with whatever negligible boost they get from whatever streaming service is your favorite.

Had this been a crowd-funded thing where we all paid and then they didn't deliver? Okay. That's worth getting angry over. But that's not what this is. They're working on an album, it's taking longer than they thought, and when it's released, they'll be happy with it whether any of us are. That's what artists do.

5. youngplanetary

Haha can't believe how salty people get about this band. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that Brand New is guilty of is having an absolutely sterling discography.

So, if they need a couple years to write and record something that can top devil and god, daisy, deja, etc. I'm pretty sure they've earned the right to take their sweet ass time doing it.

People that complain now about the band's "process" are gonna be the same ones complaining just as much, if not more, when the breakup announcement rolls around.

Just let the band do their thing. It's worked for them thus far.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I literally opened that post by saying "Im not that sad" and in an earlier post in the thread I said I didn't even care about the album because I was so excited they were playing Devil and God, so I'm not sure why you assumed I'm salty. They can take another decade to release the album for all I care. My whole point is that I don't necessarily fully buy into their impending "break up" because they don't always say what they mean. That's just the truth, but no where did I say that I had any sort of problem with the way they're doing things.

7. youngplanetary

Wasn't talking about you specifically, just meant it's funny how strongly people react to any kind of Brand New news.

They're so good at breaking the internet haha

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This of course bums me out but is ultimately understandable. I would rather them put out an album they fully love.
    but following it up with the TDAG news is so funny to me. Their attempt to soften the blow :P
    Also I am grateful that they were forthcoming about the whole thing, even if it seemed a bit too late for some.

I really, really want to make it to this tour but I'm still trying to figure out a way to make that happen...