Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No New Brand New Album This Year • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I bet the pressure to release a great record is probably getting to them. At this point, the band is probably overthinking every single detail on every single song.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i like this answer more haha.

I'd have a terrible time guessing any band's revenue, but i struggle to get my head around them making it this long on revenue split 5 ways. I mean, if they do, then they do, and i'm just underestimating their success, but 7 years is a long time, and tours don't go very long...i'd imagine at some point you just want a part time job or something haha

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I can see this. Plus a lot of people didn't dig "I Am a Nightmare" either. I personally loved that song.

4. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

Holy shit, I get to see all of Devil and God played live again? Didn't think I could be anymore excited for their show on the 22nd, but I am!

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Who's to say they're not picking up a few shifts at Dunkin' in the off season. I'm pretty sure Jesse served me a fritter a year or two ago

Kingjohn_654, CMilliken and js977 like this.
  6. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

obligatory water is wet post

but seriously, I at least appreciate they're letting us know now instead of leaving us hanging

7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think some poster on here or the old site said with a degree of authority they definitely have dayjobs

AshlandATeam likes this.
  8. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Truly do not give a fuck. We'll get an album when we get an album and now I get to go see TDAG played in it's entirety in a few weeks.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That's what I figured, but having never seen any posts regarding people seeing them around, I started to wonder more, hence my initial question. It's not unusual to hear about bands' members workin at a label or something, so I figured if Jesse, for example, was working somewhere, surely someone would've ran into him at work and mentioned it here.

10. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

lol

[​IMG]

11. youngplanetary

If this next release is truly their "farewell album," I say let them take their time.

I'd much rather live in a world with a Brand New that continues to tease me with the potential for new music, than one where they don't exist at all.

I think people are way too distracted by the hype to realize that Brand New is most certainly coming to an end soon.

Like, how are people not sad about that?

coleslawed and frenchzost like this.
  12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked for D&G live. I've gotten to the point with Brand New to just not expect anything. Not really disappointed since its been 7 years

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Jesse's wife is a tailor and works with big name athletes: Steph Curry and Kris Bryant to name a few. I'm betting she does pretty well for herself.

Bryan Diem and js977 like this.
  14. untilitkills83

haha, i was going to post 'and much to the surprise of no one...' but this suits it well

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm not that sad because for one thing it's still 2 years away, and because if they can't commit to an album, why would I believe they would commit to actually breaking up. Would anyone be surprised if in 2018 they said they decided they needed 2 more years to do something else?

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

dang, thats really cool

17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I feel like not being able to commit to an album is a pretty good indicator of breaking up, or am I just crazy?

coleslawed likes this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've said from Day 1 that I don't believe that 2018 date. It's IMPOSSIBLE to know how you're going to feel two years down the road. 2017 may be the best year of their lives and they may say, 'wow, how can we give this up?'

19. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

"What... no way.... totally unexpected ... caught me off guard ...." - me, in complete dry sarcasm

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well, it's nice that they got that out that in the open. TDAG in full is cool news too.

22. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

These guys are gonna release something this year. They are trolling.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Disappointing but not unexpected. Want them to release something they feel good about, plus I'm so down with them playing that album in its entirety this fall.

24. sukottokairu

Regular

did they ever really promise an album this year? or was it more of a goal? let them take their time, the latest single wasn't bad but it seemed like a demo or a fun song rather than something serious. i'd much rather have them write a great album that holds up to their previous work. plus, if they mentioned breaking up in 2018... why are people saying this album will come out after their break up? it's going to come out in 2017, they'll do a few tours, and unless they have a mindblowing year that makes the band more important than their families all of a sudden... that will be it. seems pretty obvious.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I see what you're saying, but there could be a ton of reasons they keep delaying it. Doesn't necessarily mean they want to be done. I just don't think we can assume anything they say is 100% true or will turn out the way they say.
    That, and I could also see them just saying it as a way to build up hype and keep them seeming mysterious and keeping their image. Make sure people come to all of their tours, since you never know when it could be the last. Then in 2018 they go on tour with a new album and say they love the album so much they can't quit now, or whatever something like that. i could of course be completely wrong and we may never hear from Brand New again after 2018.