Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No New Brand New Album This Year • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Sick of this band and this shtick they've been doing for the past like 3-5 years.

This whole "tease and lead on fans then poof, nothing" is just idiotic at this point.

Hazelnutsack and mattylikesfilms like this.
  2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Shock and awe

3. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Talk about burying the lede! Bummed about no new record, but TDAG in full makes me wish I had jumped on tickets sooner.

4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Not surprised, this band is ridiculous.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So I'm wondering if this means no record at all or just no record this year? I don't know if I can handle the disappointment of no goodbye record lol.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sounds a lot like a record in the next few years...

As someone who got tickets for Allentown, I'm psyched as can be.

7. efp722

Regular

It's like we are holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do this. Drop the passive aggressive shit and just stop.

8. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Excited!

9. Timmiluvs

I dont even know what to make of this post lol. Im not being passive aggressive in the slightest, Im literally saying Im sick of them repeating this cycle every year.

They've been doing this for years now, the same thing, every year. Release a song, let rumors of an album surface, play into it, then towards the end of the year cancel the album and say it's coming some other time. It's no longer creating hype, it's just creating frustration. I get they want to do things on their own time, but at this point they're playing with their fans more than anything. Doing things on your own time as a band is fine, but repeating a predictable cycle like this over and over again is becoming old.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. frenchzost

soundcloud.com/loserben

Not getting the hate about them not releasing the album just yet. When both the band and fans know the band is coming to an end and that this will be their last album, how does not everybody want them to wait till they think it's as perfect as it can be? Plus getting to see TDAG in its entirety again is a great thing to look forward to.

coleslawed, Mary V and JBoch like this.
  11. SayHello

Regular

Being transparent with your fans is always a good move. This is all I wanted. Happy the band really wants to take the time to craft something special and something they're proud of as opposed to just releasing something to release it. Hopefully mid or late 2017 will be the time.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahahahahaha

13. efp722

Regular

Haha, I didn't mean you were being PA, I was agreeing and talking about the band. I am 100% with you on the subject and have said it many times here and back at ap.net

14. Neon Light

rage and love

I could be wrong but I think the person who quoted you was agreeing with you.

15. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

As someone who strongly disliked "I am a nightmare," this news pleases me. Refine.

the archer 07 and Bryan Diem like this.
  16. Timmiluvs

Welp now I feel bad haha. I totally got the wrong impression from that, sorry about that.

You are correct, I was confused and misunderstood what that person's point was.

17. efp722

Regular

Ha its okay! I can see how it could have been unclear.

18. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I will no longer expect anything from them.

mattylikesfilms and OotyPa like this.
  19. Liz

Ew, David

[​IMG]

20. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

so corny and unsurprising, I can't get over how dramatic this band is

molassescookies and CMilliken like this.
  21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know what they've been doing when not touring for the past 7 years? Surely they're not living off savings for this long...

22. Grant

Once Gabe Newell heard Daisy, he was incredibly impressed by the music. Since then Brand New and Valve have been conspiring together to create the most epic mental blue balls of all time. I think Nintendo is in on it too...

Hazelnutsack, js977 and Bryan Diem like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This. I been saying for years how frustrating this is because there was no transparency and would get shit on by people. Now after the band announced they are ending and heavily teased a new record this year more than ever- people are finally starting to get fed up.

Like you said, I get them wanting to do it on their own terms. It's their music they chose to share with us. However I disagree when people say they owe the fans nothing.

Anyways, I wanna hope for a new record in 2017 but it's best if I don't.

OotyPa likes this.
  24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I always assumed they were from well off families.

FTank and CMilliken like this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Same. Brand New 2018 has a nice ring to it if it means they wont release something that trash again haha