Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No New Brand New Album This Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. miltownrob

Regular Prestigious

so they will release it post-breakup. total brand new move

3. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

Well, that sucks. Perhaps some demos will leak...

4. Delysid

Regular

welp

5. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Not that upset. TDAG being played live is amazing.

coleslawed, DejaMoi and iam1bearcat like this.
  6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

But they are playing TDAGARIM in full on that fall tour.

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I don't mind this. I'd rather they wait til next year, or even 2018, and send off the band with an album they can be proud of rather than releasing something disappointing in the next few months.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

As someone who has tickets for the Cleveland date, I.AM.AMPED.UP about this. I think we all knew a record wasn't coming out in 2016 and with it already being October, I'll happily take this trade-off.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Can't wait for the cassette of these demos in 2026 though.

8123, CMilliken, JBoch and 5 others like this.
  10. Sander

kflkmflkm

so does this mean we'll "never" hear it or are they still planning to work on it ???

11. efp722

Regular

I try not to care about Brand New anymore, but it's hard. To me, they broke up years ago. I just feel like the past few months, any random quote we get from Jesse Lacey is just some passive aggressive BS that is targeted at their fan base. No one is forcing you to come back and do one final record. If you don't want to do it, well then, don't. We will continue to live our lives with or without it.

That said, release it when its ready. No need to shit sometime out if its not ready. Delays are a good thing, usually.

Arry and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Lmao

13. delvec19

Trusted

Shocker of the cent.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This is the most transparent they've ever been

15. AshlandATeam

Trusted

In my opinion, Brand New has given us 4 records that are very good (YFW), excellent (Déjà) or essentially perfect (TDAG, Daisy). I understand the cynicism and/or disappointment that their last release was 2009, but it's tough to fault a band with as great a track record as theirs when they say, 'the new record isn't what we want it to be yet.'

Whenever we get it, it'll be fantastic I'm sure. And in the meantime, we have a tour in which their most beloved record is being played start to finish. It could be worse.

16. Just read this in my email. Can't say I'm surprised. Super cool that they've turned the fall tour into a TDAG anniversary tour, though.

DejaMoi and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think we all knew it wasn't happening. The last time they scrapped a record they wrote TDAG, let's hope we get a similar result.

18. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

New album will drop on January 1st without any mention.

johnsin1001 likes this.
  19. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

Wacky Brand New.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly what I was thinking. At least they were transparent for once. Also, I think I'm experiencing Stockholm Syndrome?

21. razorburn Sep 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

Glad it's been addressed, instead of leaving their fan base in the dark like they usually do.

22. aniafc

Trusted

Well, you win some and you lose some, I guess.

23. duritzfan13

all we have is time

I'm more surprised that they took the time to address this than I am about them not releasing the record!

8123 likes this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't care about the rest of this because all of The Devil and God in October (I like how they pretend they didn't always plan to do it - oh someone just reminded us so I guess we'll do it. Ok Brand New. Ok.)

25. Kristen

Regular

At least they were honest