Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Man's Sky (Hello Games, PS4/PC) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by dadbolt, May 22, 2016.

1. chris

Trusted Supporter

I don't use them in other games often if ever, but I think a photo mode would be pretty cool for NMS

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Storage Station is a must. I can't believe that's not even an option right now.

I just had my first space battle and got massacred. is there a lock on or anything? I couldn't even find who was shooting me half the time haha. I am terrible at this

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I've almost fully explored a planet and it gave me 3 inventory slots and a bigger multitool and I am happy

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

Word, especially early on when idk what I should save because it'll be helpful later on, or just sell off/scrap.

5. Fucking Dustin

I made a mistake

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Traded my fucking ship for one with a ton of broken parts because the wording was confusing as fuck. Great stuff.

Is there anyway to just pull up a map?

7. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Found a planet earlier with huge gold hills that went down into the ground like icebergs.

Made like 800,000 units just emptying a couple of those and selling the gold.

Having a lot of trouble really figuring out where to go or what to do but the exploration has been a lot of fun so far.

8. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I initially read this as exploded and felt a childlike sense of glee and excitement I'd not felt in decades.

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Didn't they say the market in this game would be based around other players, like if everyone is mining and selling a fuck ton of gold then the price of gold is going to go way down?

10. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

How was I not in this thread???

Seriously have no idea how to improve storage slots aside from buying new ships or tools...

11. Fucking Dustin

Drop pod locations have extra suit inventory space

Ships with more space can either be bought or found and repaired

Multitool upgrades can be bought but Vy'keen aliens offer free upgrades sometimes if you choose the right options

GettingSodas likes this.
  12. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

you da man

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Finding anti-matter / the recipe is so fucking daunting.

GettingSodas likes this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

15. chris

Trusted Supporter

re: anti-matter recipe, I randomly stumbled upon a factory w/ a locked door that needed to be destroyed and inside was the blueprint for suspension fluid which is suuuper helpful. Was a cool experience

GettingSodas, Fucking Dustin and Robk like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've been going to beacons and locating all of the factories on the planet in order to find them. My knowledge on the Gek language is up to 75 or so, so the puzzles have all been pretty easy. Just no sign of the anti-matter.

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

Are you following the Atlas thing or whatever? I feel like I was either given my first anti-matter/given the location of the factory containing the blueprint to make more. then I just kind of lucked out with the suspension fluid

18. Fucking Dustin

I just got to it but had to stop for the day so I have no idea what the Atlas thing does yet haha

I'm hoping AtlasPasses arrive soon

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was given my first, but accidentally transferred my ship without realizing it. I'm really hoping that I can find the blueprint so that I don't have to restart.

20. chris

Trusted Supporter

I may be describing the wrong thing. I meant like at the very beginning where you're given the option of having the game guide you a bit or just make your own way completely.

Ah ok, I did something similar by transferring my ship in the middle of building a warp drive and the game registered it as me having completed one when I actually still needed one part that needed to be purchased but was still unavailable to me. Was annoying

21. Fucking Dustin

Ah, there's a point where you get an interaction that leads you towards an "Atlas Point" that's like 4 systems away. That's where I just got

22. chris

Trusted Supporter

Ah got it, I hope I'm not too far from there, would really like to pick up some atlas passes

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

I really hope that's where we get em haha, I'm excited to get back on tonight and see what's to offer

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It took me probably 15 hours before I finally found the blueprint. It's just luck. Bypassing the tutorial and not following the atlas made things a real pain in the ass haha

Also I found it in my second of third system, I just bought enough to make warp cells

25. chris

Trusted Supporter

I worried about this when making that decision. I like the idea of just discovering things organically but I figured "ok well I can still go off and do whatever, but if I ever need that extra push in the right direction" haha