Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Man's Sky (Hello Games, PS4/PC) Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by dadbolt, May 22, 2016.

1. kupe

Regular

You can buy it from the space station they lead you to in your solar system. Once you leave your first planet their should be a marker to the nearest station in your system. At least that's what happened for me and 3 of my friends.

2. kupe

Regular

As far as suspension fluid goes, my friend and I both found manufacturing plants on our respective planets, once we broke inside, we had to pick one of 3 options to get it up and running again. We both did it correctly and got a recipe(?) blueprints (?) to make suspension fluid, and it turned out to just be 50 carbon. So that was very convenient and helpful because now we can craft it anytime we want

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

So I have a hyperdrive, it's fully charged. I go to the galactic map and the closest system to me says it's too far to jump and I need to upgrade my drive. Anyone know how I do that? Everyone else I've seen has been able to jump to the next system without an upgrade. Am I just fucked?

4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Are you sure you are selected onto your home system on the map? Mine had at least four different places I could jump from from the first system.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah I was able to reach another system

How I did so I do not know because I'm awful at navigating that hyperdrive map

dhayes likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm just terrible at flying in general.

7. Fucking Dustin

Flying combat is something I cannot do

My only death so far is running into 3 enemy ships and running for dear life

Robk likes this.
  8. Matt

I found a weird wolf-like creature on a planet and gave it the uninspired name of Coolwolf. It was such a thrill to see it in the wild with that name above its head.

tucah, dhayes and I Am Mick like this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, that was it. I was able to warp to another system.

I'm really enjoying this, but it is not intuitive at all. I still need to find a blueprint for hyperdrive so I can get a new ship without getting stranded

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

haha everything I've named is so dumb. I found a dragon looking thing so named it "Dragon Boy" and then found some other creature that attacked me so I named it "Aggressive Boy"

11. Fucking Dustin

First animal I found tried to kill me so being the adult I am I named it Diccass

12. Matt

These are all great.

I named my first planet "Mattagascar" and my first system "Yaasquen"

13. Fucking Dustin

Wait I can name the system?!

Oh man I can't wait to play again later

dhayes likes this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

also didn't know I could name systems, shittt.

15. chris

Trusted Supporter

discovered some crazy leopard-looking creature that seriously towered over me, so that was cool. accidentally uploaded it without naming it which was a bummer

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've found a bunch of penis head looking mother fuckers.

17. Fucking Dustin

You found me?!

18. Matt

I found a creature that looked cute but then it was fucking vicious and almost killed me.

EngineDown likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

There was one thing I found that looked like a combination between a king crab and Freeza's third form. I haven't named it yet.

20. Matt

Crabmehameha

I should go

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah I found some weird thing hopping around a cave last night that looked wayyyy phallic

22. devenstonow

Noobie

So is this game good? Debating getting it to hold me over until FFXV, but worried that it'll just sit on my shelf when I'm done with that.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you are unsure, I'd give it a week or two to see how people feel.

24. chris

Trusted Supporter

A couple things I think would greatly improve the gameplay:
    -Being able to pull up a map or something displaying the surface of the planet that you've explored or
    -the ability to set custom waypoints
    -Maybe some kind of universal box at space stations to store items that you want to hold onto but not necessarily have to keep on your person/ship

I get that last one kind of encroaches on this being a true survival game but whatev

25. Fucking Dustin

Custom waypoints and station storage would be perfect and I don't think it'd hurt the survival aspect given you still have to travel to make the waypoint and to go to and from storage