Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Man's Sky (Hello Games, PS4/PC) Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by dadbolt, May 22, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Getting excited, just a little over nine hours away.

dhayes likes this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Won't get to play till tomorrow night, but took Wednesday off to play.

3. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Just remembered this is coming out today. I think I want it, but waiting for the review embargo to drop to make sure it's not a total bust (I'm sure it won't be, but so many games and such little time I gotta be picky)

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

That update sounds huge. Still on the fence about buying, looking to you all to help me make the right choice!

Robk likes this.
  5. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

If you're looking for it to be action heavy it probably won't do much for you. It's going to be a lot of exploration, resource management, and survival. That's not to say there won't be any fighting, it's just to be more centered on the other things I mentioned.

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

And those are the things that interest me the most. Not toooo interested in the action. My main concern is that the game will soon feel monotonous. Obviously there are millions of planets and what not, which is cool, but I'm worried that it'll feel like you're doing the same thing for the whole game.

dhayes likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The developers have made it clear that they intend to listen to the community and consistently update the game, the day one patch already added new features like taming alien pets and what not. They're working on an update for base building and being able to control huge freighters. If they keep adding new features, I think it'll remain pretty fresh.

dhayes likes this.
  8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, that's awesome!

dhayes likes this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

UNLOCKED

HERE WE GO

dhayes likes this.
  10. michael_gatto

Trusted

Has anyone been playing? I'm very interested in buying it but not sure yet.

11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I was on the fence about getting the game until about an hour before it was released last night. Played for about two hours and I still don't fully understand what I am doing, but it kept me interested.

dhayes likes this.
  12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

The only thing I've found frustrating so far is managing my inventory. Does anyone know how to find antimatter?

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I haven't found it in the wild yet, just buyable from some of the trading bots.

dhayes likes this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm going to hold off on this for a good while. Maybe a month or so to see what everyone thinks at that point.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't found any from the trading bots yet.

Were your starting planets pretty varied? 3 out of the 5 of mine were pretty damn cool.

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep. I had three, all were fairly different environments. One of those was kind of boring, kind of flat and brown with just some basic elements and not much else, but the other two had a ton to explore. I'm with you that the main frustration so far is the inventory, I'm constantly filling up. It's only one slot but finding the first expansion for my suit's inventory was the happiest moment of the game so far.

dhayes likes this.
  17. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I found one free suit upgrade and bought one extra slot and it was like $40000. I'll never be able to buy a bad ass ship at that rate. One of my planets was probably 60% ocean but I couldn't find any sea life. The underwater and cave areas are pretty fucking cool. Be sure you go to the options menu and upload everything you've scanned. You can get anywhere from 500-2000 credits per upload depending on what you're putting out there.

18. Matt

I keep getting a message saying i have unclaimed items in my inventory but have no idea what it means

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Haven't seen any to buy yet, I would in a second even at that price. None of the ships I've been able to buy were better than the one I had (one only had like six inventory slots, what am I even supposed to do with that?!) and yep, I've been diligently uploading and occasionally renaming everything I discover.

For me it was the ship you get with pre-ordering - go to the start menu, options, Redeem Bonus Content at the bottom under the Extras section.

dhayes likes this.
  20. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

If you preordered you have a ship you can claim if you hit the options button, go to the options tab, and there's a redeem content option. It gives you a ship that starts off with a hyperdrive.

I didn't use it because it doesn't give you any extra inventory slots and I thought it take away from the experience of building my own

Edit: tucah had you covered

21. Matt

oh wow that is way better than what i was expecting, thanks

dhayes likes this.
  22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Work is dragggingg right now. Just want to start playing

dhayes likes this.
  23. chris

Trusted Supporter

pretty sold on this, might pick it up after work

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Found a ship with 24! slots but it was 1.5 million...

dhayes likes this.
  25. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Almost picked this up yesterday for PS4, but pretty convinced I want to wait it out for PC release after hearing about 30FPS cap and less than stellar FOV. Still tempting, but I think I'll be mad at myself if I don't at least wait and see how they compare.