Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Man's Sky (Hello Games, PS4/PC) Video Game • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by dadbolt, May 22, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

have there even been any decent updates to the game since it came out?

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

nope. All updates so far have been "bug fixes".

This game still could be awesome if they could start putting out some updates. PC mods already make it such a better game (unfortunately i'm on PS4...)

dadbolt and ChiliTacos like this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

aliens physiques can break the laws of physics a little bit more now

ChiliTacos likes this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They just released their first big update. Game is improved immensely. Base building is pretty cool. New elements/upgrades/equipment. Runs much better, the few planets I've explored have been more interesting already.

If they could just turn off the flight assist on the planet and let me actually get close to the ground, this would be awesome.

5. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

what were your thoughts on the game before this new update? i'm trying to decide if i'm going to reinstall it or not haha

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Wake me up when flight assist is turned off. Pretty much ruined the game for me.

It's cool that they're actually doing things though.

7. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

The thing I hate most about this game is how much goddamn mining and crafting is required just to get off the ground. If lift-off still wastes 25% of your power/fuel/whatever-the-term-is, then I still can't be bothered to turn this back on.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This update isn't going to get me to redownload the game, unfortunately.

GettingSodas and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

They would have to make a new game to make me get this back at this point

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

@Dirty Sanchez bought 6 more copies after he learned about the update this morning

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah, I love Sean Murray and Crooked Games.

12. GettingSodas

Crooked games lolol

dadbolt and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I wanted to like this so bad. Spent many hours telling myself that I did. Then it crashed for the fourth or fifth time and I just never gave it another go.

Maybe this will convince me?

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm sure mostly everyone is done with this game, but they just released another massive update. Land vehicles, bigger bases, you can actually find other players bases, own multiple ships, ship/weapon class actually matters.

That being said, I'm having a real hard time getting back into the game so I haven't been able to craft any vehicles. But people are into it

15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

have they finally taken off auto flight? that's the one big thing preventing me from turning this game back on.

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They definitively improved it (you can fly under some objects and through canyons, it's smoother, etc) but it's nowhere near as fun as it should be. Also one of my biggest gripes. I cannot understand how you fuck up what should be the most fun part of a spaceship game.

Though, from what I've seen of the vehicles, they look super fun. and apparently work underwater, which is all I want.

GettingSodas and ChiliTacos like this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They just released another massive update. Improved graphics, added low altitude flight, 30 hours of story, a new race, new ships/tech and multiplayer. Haven't played it yet but even people who totally wrote the game off seem into it

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Good shit. Guess I'll reinstall.

dadbolt likes this.
  19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

GettingSodas and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. GettingSodas

I'm buying it back for 15 bucks. Fml

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

GettingSodas likes this.
  22. GettingSodas

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  23. scroopy.noopers

: (

i haven't played this game since january. sounds like a good time to get back at it

GettingSodas likes this.
  24. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

So, uh, hate to go full necromancer on this thread, but anyone else hyped for NEXT? The update looks pretty spectacular and I'm eagerly awaiting diving back in. Really kind of missed the peaceful exploration from this game and I'd love to see a product that looks more like what got me hyped for it in the first place.

kupe and CarpetElf like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah I'm hyped hahaha

nomemorial likes this.