Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Devotion Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Jul 1, 2017.

1. i like this!

2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the atmosphere on this thing is incredible

Mary V, Phantoms and Crisp X like this.
  3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

“endless desire” instant classique

Phantoms likes this.
  4. https://newnoisemagazine.com/interv...En8Xt6y8mQ_IYz4N3pnPFMML5DFHv8BHBiAlMeXwflCnk

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

think they were spot on, this thing is balanced perfectly. but drop the other songs fellas!!

Phantoms and Mary V like this.
  6. THW

Been listening to this a lot the last couple of days. Throwing on some headphones and getting lost in it is quite the experience. This may be a hot take but to me this is miles better than the first album, which had some standout songs but never felt complete as an album for me. No Oblivion is an ALBUM in every sense of the word and despite the short length feels like a complete piece of art. It doesn’t hurt that Geoff’s voice sounds incredible, maybe the best it’s ever sounded.

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

need to check this out, been too long without geoff's voice

8. azzy01

Regular

Was anticipating this since it got announced, but got caught up with other recent releases. Finally put it on tonight and it completely blew me away. I agree with the previous post, as much as I love their debut, this sounds even more impressive. Soundscapes are huge and have a distinct cinematic quality, Geoff’s lyrics and Melodies are some of his best and the songwriting itself is extremely impressive. Can easily get lost listening to this on repeat for hours.

Crisp X and Phantoms like this.
  9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I never realized how specific the lyrics were structured until I saw them like this

upload_2022-9-22_12-43-3.png

Rowan5215, Crisp X and Phantoms like this.
  10. Rowan5215

I kinda like how it reads as the anti-You Were the Cancer. probably not intentional but still cool

Leftandleaving, Phantoms and Crisp X like this.
  11. The title track is quickly shaping up to be my favorite song of the year period. I really can't get over the explosive pre-chorus with Geoff going from whisper-y vocals to yells and full blown United Nations like screams. Still blows my mind everytime. A song like this also makes me happy they kept a similarly very loud production style to Dave Fridmann as it suits it so well and I can't imagine it sounding any different sonically.

Phantoms and Rowan5215 like this.

12. Stu already did an episode a couple years ago, in which I remember him going in detail about the last couple years of Lostprophets and how No Devotion came together. This should be a doozy again.

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This is very good news (to me at least)

jciswhatis likes this.
  14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Damn new album within a 1 year or two maybe? I hope!

Phantoms and Crisp X like this.
  15. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

No Oblivion is super cool. Geoff sounds great and I love all the synths and atmosphere of the record. I can see what the band means with darker tracks being the focus.

16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Finally had time to dive into this and it is indeed excellent. Have to revisit the first record soon.

17. Yellowcard2006 Jan 26, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 29, 2023)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Once again No Devotion has to cancel the shows they booked (last time it was because of COVID) due to a family emergency for one of the bands members (possibly a touring member?)

Really awful for the guys.

Sounds like the band might just be done at this point and that would suck immensely.

airik625, Phantoms, Crisp X and 2 others like this.
  18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Revisited No Oblivion the past couple of days and I like it more than ever. “Love Songs from Fascist Italy” is a stunner and the way it goes into “The End of Longing” floors me every single time.

19. I think I only listened to No Oblivion once last year and liked it....but I'm listening again now and it's really really hitting. this might be big for me this winter

I'm very glad I got to see them play in Philly before the record came out. it was a really beautiful show

Crisp X, Ken and Phantoms like this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I can’t get into No Oblivion at all aside from The End of Longing

Massively let down after loving Permanence for so many years and dying for a follow up. Oh well.

21. Rowan5215

it's their best

Crisp X, Phantoms and Ken like this.
  22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

It's so damn good.

Phantoms likes this.
  23. Phantoms

Regular

Yeah fantastic album

24. Crossing fingers for a follow up in the next couple years

Phantoms likes this.
  25. Phantoms

Regular

Yeah, I remember an interview or something where they talked about already having a lot of songs written for LP3 because of how long No Oblivion took to finish and release… hoping that means less of a gap this time.