Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

No Devotion Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Jul 1, 2017.

1. think I needed to hear this when I did. yesterday was really fucking hard. feel like nothing I do will ever be enough and I'm fundamentally inadequate, battling through a black fog of intense depression. 'does anybody else know how I feel?'

2. Oh I knew the drummer's face looked familiar from the very few shots of him we could see in the teaser. Turns out it's Tucker!

Phantoms likes this.
  3. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

Is Tucker in the band now or is he just filling in?

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Pretty dope song.

I know I've said it before but Lee was one of my favourite guitarists for quite a number of years in my younger days so it's always good seeing him make music again.

Crisp X and Phantoms like this.
  5. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Phantoms likes this.
  6. Yellowcard2006 Jul 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2022)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I assume they mean part of the band has COVID. Really sucks hopefully they can get some dates closer to the record release to help with promotion.

EDIT: Was gonna wait to hear another single but pre-ordered the record today to help them out.

Crisp X, Phantoms and paythetab like this.
  7. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Can confirm it was due to illness. I had an interview scheduled with the band before their show tonight, but everything is obviously nixed for now.

Phantoms likes this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

that's devastating for them

9. They really can't catch a break

Phantoms likes this.
  10. airik625 Jul 15, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2022)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Finally got around to listening to Starlings. Was very meh on it after one listen, and now - I can't stop listening to it. The few screams caught me off guard and I'm very hopeful we hear a few more throughout the album. The artwork is growing on me as well.

I'm also wondering why they don't have track lengths for songs 3 and 4.

Crisp X and Phantoms like this.
  11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

the new album is stunning, they really came back with something to prove

easily one of my favourites of the year

12. Phantoms

Regular

Second single “Repeaters” out tomorrow

Carrow and AgonizingFir like this.
  13. god this album is so good mmmm yes

Phantoms likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hoping I like Repeaters more than the first single..

15. It's here and it's excellent. Very layered and cinematic.

Phantoms, Rowan5215 and Carrow like this.
  16. Rowan5215

love this one although I'm a bit surprised they went for it as a single. thought for sure they'd drop "The End of Longing" which is gonna be a surefire hit I think

Carrow likes this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

yeah…. both singles now are pretty underwhelming for me. Here’s to hoping I like the remaining six tracks?

18. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The way Geoff talked about the album it's pretty consistent with it's mood. I don't expect we're gonna get any of the more uptempo pop-type songs from the debut. What are some of your favorite tracks from Permanence?

Phantoms likes this.
  19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is really dope

Phantoms likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That’s a bummer - my favorites are Eyeshadow, 10,000 Summers, Permanent Sunlight, Addition, and Grand Central.

Linton9488 likes this.
  21. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Love all those too. Geoff was saying they were trying to make the album longer (more tracks) but it was just too draining/down to be more than 8 songs.

So yeah not to dash your hopes but a song like 10,000 summers is probably not gonna show up here. They are planning more releases so maybe next time around they'll go into a different direction and do more pop focused stuff.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. Rowan5215

there is definitely nothing like 10,000 Summers on here but I wouldn't say there's no pop influence whatsoever. there are a few bops here

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

*Big sigh*

25. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

These two new songs have done nothing for me

mattylikesfilms likes this.